Chapter Fifty-Seven (Wedding/Coronation Plans Pt. Two)

Third-Person POV

Five weeks later...

"Oh, boy," Iain groaned as he joined the collective male Alphas that are huddled in one of the large parlors. "Carson's pregnancy is taking a toll out on all of us. And with his nesting in full force, I'm glad that he has you nine guys to make sure that he's very happy."

"I'll say," Clayton groaned. "Carson nowadays is showing all the signs of a hormonal and very volatile omega that no sane Alpha or Beta wants to cross- lots of cravings and morning sickness, tears one moment and wanting sex the next and a lot of bitchiness the next, wanting nothing but the best for his unborn sons. It's the whole nine yards times one thousand."

"At least he's showing signs of being a warrior," Colin piped up. "He nearly choked the life out of me when I tried to step into the nursery with breakfast yesterday morning. I only said that he looked glowing and the next thing I know his hands were wrapped around my throat. I can't imagine what will Lailani be like when we have kids." He shuddered at the thought.

"And I thought that Delia was bad when she was pregnant with Ciara," Harvey agreed. "She wanted me all to herself and threatened to cut off a certain part of my anatomy if I let one of the warriors near our mating chambers. She could be a pitcher for the MLB by the way she can throw shoes."

"But Carson?! Ah, jeez, that kid is one scary dude when he's pregnant," Colin moaned. "And he has an appetite the size of Texas and Oklahoma combined. He can be sane when planning the wedding, but when the guests leave... all bets are off."

"I can only say one thing," Clayton mumbled as all eyes are now aimed at the now-exhausted Elite Eight and Anis. "These men right here better do right by Carson or else we'll be joining in on their deaths. How the fuck did you guys get him pregnant during your mating- and in one go, no less?!"

Gavin smiled wanly. "We have no regrets," he said tiredly. "Our baby looked so good when he was in heat. The way he was so helpless when we-"

Harvey suppressed the urge to vomit. "Please. Don't," he begged. "I just managed to force down half a sandwich before being surrounded by the phoenixes and their endless to-do lists. And Ciara is having all the male warriors, Betas, Deltas, and Gammas at work with the florists and the cleaners at Saint Catherine's to make sure that it's in tip-top shape for the coronation/wedding ceremony. She and Miles both agreed that they want to blow the weddings and coronation in England out of the water."

"Don't remind me," Zechariah moaned. "I had to deal with the matriarchs and the female hunters of their respective dynasties with catering. My aunt Alison was all too happy to coerce me and my male dragon warriors in taste-testing and finalizing the menus and would not be satisfied until it met all the requirements."

"Hey, at least you didn't have to deal with the wrath of Hurricanes Fianna and Marianne with their plans for the attire," Quentin said wearily, who was frowning at his twin cousin as the angel was snoring heavily. "We had to stay awake for the last twenty-four hours with going over the designers and tailors in making sure that our mate was going to look like a celebrity. I made the mistake of saying that Carson could wear a sack and still look lovely and Fianna slugged me with a giant roll of velveteen! My jaw still aches from that hit."

"That's what happens when you say that our mate would dress in rags," Alain muttered. "But I think that Nick, Dom, and I had it worse than you lot when it comes down to the guest list with Yesenia and our mothers- all eight of our respective mothers at that."

"What the hell happened?" Ferdinand wanted to know.

The merman just shook his head as if he couldn't answer. "So many people," he muttered. "And we had to filter the list down to nearly a thousand or two, give or take a hundred."

"Ah, yes. The guest list drama," Gavin intoned. "Sounds like there's going to be a lot of happy and expecting Alphas and celebrities there from what I can tell- politicians, council members, musicians, actors, and the top social circles. And let's not forget Dame Valentina Suarez, the tough old bird who has seen and heard all."

Dame Valentina Stefania Suarez was one of the original Council of the Supernatural members who had been there right at the beginning of its worldwide inception. At the ripe age of nearly six hundred, she could easily pass for forty. And when she was met with Carson at his birthday masquerade ball, she immediately took him under her wing and invited him to her countless events. And she almost had the gift-givers beat with gifting him with his shopping mall full of the haute-couture stores and outlets.

"Well, we all know if she didn't get invited, our heads would roll," Ferdinand agreed. "And don't get me started with the dignitaries and worldwide Alpha leaders, especially the ones from Africa and Asia. They are coming in tonight and want to visit Carson."

The door bust open to see an irate Eurydice on his Bluetooth headset. "No, no, no! I specifically said 'no hibiscus whatsover,' you dumbass from hell," he shouted. "And do not give me that excuse on why it's not your problem or fault. If I see one hint of that blasted flower among the sea of hydrangeas, daffodils, hyacinths, roses, and myrtles that I ordered, you can kiss your reputation goodbye once I finish you off!"

He hung up and glared at the cowering men (with Francisco still snoring away). "What are y'all looking at," he snarled.

"Nothing," the guys said wisely.

"Anyway, I need two of y'all to go over to Boulder and help Camden out with transporting some chandeliers to Saint Catherine's," the phoenix went on. "And I know how they're supposed to be- flawless and still covered in crystals. So if y'all value your libido, two of y'all need to-"

"We're on it," Zechariah and Nicholas volunteered in unison and followed the phoenix out. "Help us," they mouthed before the door was shut...

only to swing open to reveal a cranky Delia as she grabbed her husband. "Right, I need a break," she muttered as she pulled her husband out of the room. "I'll have him back in a few, gentlemen. Carry on."

The door finally slammed shut, leaving the other men stunned.

"Ten more days," Colin murmured, his eyes glazed over. "Just ten more days and this will all be over. This ceremony can't get here soon enough."

Gavin abruptly stood up as if he was a man possessed. "Coming, Carson," he hollered. "Guys, I need to bounce. Carson's craving for some Subway and he needs it like right now. And if I get his order wrong..." he shuddered as he left the room.

"I'll keep him occupied with a bubble bath," Alain muttered dreamily as he followed the werewolf out before a grinning Harvey came back in.

"Thanks again, babe," Delia smiled happily. "I'll need you on standby, so don't make any plans."

"What the fuck?!" Clayton exclaimed. "What happened, old man?"

Harvey just stood there smiling as if he won the lottery. "Delia still can give it to me good," he said devilishly. "This is what makes it all worth it."

The other men just suppressed their vomiting urges and rolled their eyes.

Ten days left until the big day arrives. The rush of planning a lavish and opulent coronation/wedding ceremony was never easy. But at the end of the day (for most of them), it was worth it.

I bet it is when it means keeping Carson happy, ladies and germs! Anyway, the two-part wedding and coronation ceremony is coming up next, starting with Carson getting prepared for the big events as he awaits for the birth of his pups! Stick around, folks, and get out your best outfits because the ending will be fit for royalty!

Dedication: Eldah_Tee.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!