Chapter Eight

Third-Person POV

"Shame!"

"Pathetic!"

"How dare you bring poison on your fellow werewolves!"

"You have broken the poor omega's heart and he's fighting for his life right now!"

Those were three of the statements made by the numerous ANGRY Alphas (male and females) who have gathered at the great hall of the Four Aces pack mansion alongside members of the Council of the Supernaturals. All of the Alphas have heard of Regan's bad choices and Carson's comatose state.

Some of the Alphas have already paid their respects to the Dark Dahlia witch coven's leaders for the loss of Gia Napier-Zeller and little Lucas before stopping at the hospital to visit poor Carson.

Others immediately raced to the mansion to give Regan a piece of his mind.

All the same, no one was happy with Regan Zallenda, the pariah of all supernaturals who has given werewolves a bad name.

"You bastard," hissed a female Alpha werecat from Nashville, who was ready to attack Regan had it not been for her male Luna. "I can't believe that such a boy like Carson was originally mated to you- a man with no soul. I can only imagine how your wolf is bearing the pain right now."

Say it, sister, Anubis snarled in Regan's head. I ask myself the same thing ever since that night two years ago.

Regan blocked his wolf, annoyed that Anubis was still pissed off at him. "I did what I had to do," he said flatly, sipping on his cup of coffee. "That runt was not what I needed."

"His name is CARSON, boy!" growled a surly blue-haired vampire from Little Rock, Arkansas. "And you going against the Moon Goddess herself proves that you are far from deserving the title of Alpha. Thank Goddess that your folks saw that Ciara was a born leader and that her mate Miles is a true Luna."

Regan snorted, earning some glares from his parents. "The Moon Goddess must've been smoking some crazy shit to pair me with that runt," he drawled. "And I'll keep calling that runt 'that runt' because he's only fitting to be walked under my shoes like dirt. You all know of it and so do I."

Fianna stood up, fiery anger in her eyes as she pointed a manicured finger at him. "There's still time for you to make things right," she said, letting a few tears fall from her face. "Carson needs someone who can free him from his coma and you are still without a mate. Accept your role, fool. Make him yours."

"And like I said, witch. I don't mate with faggots and I don't do omegas," Regan replied. "I like females, not ratty boys. Mom and Dad should've left him in the forest to die when they discovered him in the woods back when he was a pathetic tot. Maybe the rogues would've gladly eaten him up."

"Insolent boy," Alison the dragon-shifter from the Council said angrily. "So, you would rather let him die?"

Regan smirked. "It beats me killing him with my bare hands."

SMACK!

Regan staggered away from his mother, who slapped him so hard that she ended up scratching his face. "You are a true monster," she said. "You're not my son, not anymore."

Regan shrugged. "Fine with me," he said as he backed away from the dining room table and left the great hall. But just as he was stepping out into the foyer, he was greeted by eight young men- all of them dressed in identical business suits and scowls on their faces.

"Hey," Regan said, smiling brightly. "Aren't you guys the Elite Eight Alphas from LA?"

*********