Chapter Nineteen

"Carson, we all missed you so much," one of the Werewolf Kings, a masculine blonde named Iain, said as he gave me a giant hug. I then remembered that he and the brunette named Archer were my fathers/brothers and fellow Moon Wolves. "We've been waiting to meet you since the day of the car crash two months ago. I didn't expect to meet you like this, much less thought to never see you again."

"I never expected you two to be my fathers AND brothers, either. But when it comes to our Mother, there's no telling what She has up her sleeves," I commented. "All the same, I'm glad to finally meet the two of you."

Archer smiled widely. "Me too, Carson," he replied. "And you should know that-"

I held up a hand, cutting him off. "I know all about the Elite Eight being my mates, Regan's sentence to eternal damnation, and myself being the next in line to rule the supernatural," I said. "She talked to me when I was in between periods of me getting my strength back and all of that."

It had been nearly two months since I was rushed to the hospital and I was placed in a coma that almost took me out a couple of times. But even then, I had already known that Gia and Lucas were long gone and were happy in Elysium with the angels. And while I knew that I wanted to do right by them, the Moon Goddess had something else in mind that was definitely fit for royalty- in more ways than one.

And since I had woken up the previous day, the hospital was running amok with newly-resurrected patients and families reuniting with their loved ones. "It's all because of you coming back to us," Fianna had said as I saw the same little vampire boy and his father giving me a bear hug while a female nurse (a mermaid) was reunited with her werewolf mate.

And even Bianca the huntress came to my room with her sister Arianna (looking as fresh as a daisy) and her three main friends (with Colleen gifting me a giant raspberry cheesecake as she introduced me to her high-school brother). And yes, I had noticed a large number of gifts- from enough flowers to establish my florist shop and the stuffed animals to opulent jewels to make Kate Middleton turn green with envy and some monetary gifts that I planned to donate to charity.

And now, here I was with my brothers/fathers as I was finished getting my vitals run by Cathy Sue McNeese, a motherly nurse who made sure that I got all my meals in just yesterday.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked as I was greeted by Fianna and her mother, the latter handing me a change of clothes.

"Well, Lady Ciara and Miles are getting things ready for a homecoming party in your honor, and all of the Elite Eight and their friend Eurydice Joneslake is organizing your wardrobe for tonight," Iain replied. "After the celebrations, we got you a room ready at our manor and even that young phoenix has every set up down with your bedroom. And fair warning: he's very opulent as he is loyal and true."

"And where're my mates?"

Archer grinned. "Abby Mae has them working to prevent them from rushing to see you," he chuckled. "And she threatened to castrate them if they go against her. You better believe that she's one tough cookie."

"You already know," Mama Marianna replied. "So, Carson. Are you ready for your arrival?"

I took a deep breath, silencing the rising tide of nerves that were shaking. "As much as I enjoyed dissolving into the skies, I'm ready to come back to Earth and embrace my destiny," I replied, standing up and reaching for my bag of toiletries (thanks, Colleen!). "Let's get ready."

***********

Two hours later, I was in one of the large guest rooms as I faced the mirror, smoothing out the wrinkles of my new Armani tuxedo (custom-designed by Eurydice) and reflecting on all that's been said and done. I never imagined being back home and not in the basement (it was converted into a game room by orders of Alpha Female Ciara). And I never imagined to not be seen as a runt anymore.