Chapter Fourteen

Bianca Deseret Albritton.

Three words describe her perfectly: Amazon (she is taller than all of her brothers in her family), witty (she was the valedictorian at her high school and graduated summa cum laude at Tennessee), and lethal (she was the sharpest shooter and could easily take out rogue creatures and hunters in less than ten minutes).

But there's one more word that also describes her when it comes to the abused and broken omega creatures of the supernatural: compassionate. And not only did every member of the Hunting Dynasty held the Code of Law when it comes to protecting the supernatural, but they also made sure to treat the omegas with care in case one is suffering from abuse or being rejected.

And in the case of Carson Hadley, all of the trained Hunters knew of his story and were ready to protect the discovered Moon Wolf at all costs from Regan Zallenda. And since they also knew of Carson having eight second-chance mates of high caliber, the situation was very dire. Even more so since the late Lainey DuBois was set on taking him courtesy of the pariah werewolf.

"Child, this day is going from zero to chaotic since Lainey tried to kill this boy," Cathy Sue McNeese commented as she finished checking the comatose young man's vitals. "And you already know that all bets are off at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if my bosses were ready to trade blows with that fool."

"Well, one always needs to be ready in cases like this," Bianca commented just as her phone rang. "Hello?"

"Bianca, it's Marcia from the Domingue Dynasty," said a female's voice from the other end. "Listen, you need to head over to the-"

"I already know," Bianca cut her friend off just as there was a knock on the door, the nurse herself letting in three more black-clad hunters. "I took down DuBois since I had a feeling that something like this would happen."

"Thank Goddess," breathed Marcia. "I'm at the Four Aces pack mansion right now because things are getting hot thanks to that- that... you know. I can't believe that he dared to kill off his own mate, much less did it without leaving the dungeon."

"Believe it, girl." Bianca waved at the other hunters, who were sitting down and talking to each other. "Anyway, I bet that Mother Annette is ready to come out of retirement."

"She already has her crossbow polished and fine-tuned," replied Marcia with amusement. "All of the Matriarchs and their best hunters are here with the Alphas' top warriors while Regan is getting his ass beaten like he stole something. We're getting ready for this meeting. I'll fill you in, okay? And if Carson does wake up, let him know that the Domingue Dynasty sends him their love and hope that he enjoys the Maserati we gifted him."

Bianca chuckled. "As if that can top off my parents' gift for him- a Lamborghini," she replied, earning her some mock-boos and playful glares.

The line disconnected.

"I still can't believe that this is Carson Hadley in the flesh, and him being the son of Kings Iain and Archer as well as a Moon Wolf, no less," a small red-headed young woman said. "My father didn't even believe it when my parents talked to them yesterday. But the joke's on him when Iain shifted to his wolf."