Chapter Four: The Backlash (pt. 2)

Third-Person POV

Regan Zallenda was a destined Alpha who wanted nothing but perfection in his pack- a sexy and strong female wolf as his Luna, no gay relationships, and NO OMEGAS that might be a detriment to his viewpoints of running a strong pack.

And in his mind, Carson Hadley was not the mate that he needed, no matter if it was blessed by the Moon Goddess herself. So when he felt the bond break between him and the omega, it gave him the permission to find and sleep around with as many unmated females to find the perfect Luna for him- omega females need not be allowed in his room.

But as he woke up to the pounding on his bedroom door, Regan couldn't help but think that something big was about to go down. And he also felt that his life was about to be over. "I'm coming, I'm coming," he bellowed, grabbing his boxers and slipping them on before sliding out of the bed and away from the many females. He turned to the mirror and smirked. He felt like a million bucks.

He opened the door to reveal the angry faces of his parents, Ciara, and even Miles and his grandmother. "What?" he said flatly.

POW!

Regan was suddenly laid flat on his back as his father towered over him. "You idiot!" Harvey yelled. "Do you realize what you had done?!"

Realization hit the young wolf on his face as he smiled widely. "You mean rejecting that ratty omega? I think that was my best idea yet," he drawled happily just as he saw Keith come into the room before standing up. "And besides, I did what I needed to do."

POW!

"What the fucking hell?!" Regan yelled, his smile replaced by anger as he sported a bloody nose courtesy of Ciara. "Ciara, you fucking-"

"Finish that sentence, mutt, and I'll tear your throat out," Miles snarled, letting his eyes glow gold. "You don't respect my mate like that."

"I'm going to be your next Alpha, Miles, so you need to show some loyalty to me," Regan growled.

"No, you're not," Delia said angrily. "Your actions proved to your father and me that you're not worthy of being the next Alpha."

"What?!"

"You heard him," Miles' grandmother Abby Mae said. "I'm not surprised since all I can see is evil in your heart."

"Shut up, you old cow," Regan shot back.

POW!

This time, Miles was towering over him. "That's strike two," he said, letting his wolf Osiris show. "Next time, you're dead."

"Get dressed," Harvey ordered. "The Council of Supernaturals are coming and they know." With that, he and his entourage left the stunned Regan, the perplexed Keith and his father, and even the females (who were wide awake) to themselves.

Ciara came back with a letter addressed to him. "Read this," was all she said before leaving again.

"Dude, what the hell was that about?" Keith asked, helping his best friend stand up.

"I don't know, but that runt is dead meat when I find him," he grunted as he took the letter and began to read.

Well, Regan, it's come down to this- the one letter that I hoped I never have to write.

I guess you can say that there's nothing left to say between us but thanks. Thank you for showing me your true colors when you rejected me and had me exiled/killed so you can get your jollies off somewhere else. Thank you for not giving me a chance when I saw nothing but hatred in your heart. And most of all, thank you for permitting me to perform the unthinkable- the Soul Conversion.