Chapter Nine

Gavin Arundel (Alpha Werewolf of the Nightrose Pack)

He's beautiful, my wolf Dimitriv purred upon looking at the heavily-bandaged young man on the bed. It's a crime for a young man who had suffered through so much pain and rejection to be almost snuffed out by a reckless human who should've stayed home.

I couldn't agree more, Dimitriv. He looks so frail and undone, but he has the spirit of a warrior- a hidden fighter that was forced to hold back when he was locked up in that basement back at the Four Aces mansion. Thank the Goddess that there were angels who showed him compassion when he was nearly killed with fists and threats. It's little wonder that Lady Ciara was a kindhearted young woman destined to be the pack's first female Alpha. She could've been like her brother and left him to die. But she was a sensible woman despite being beautiful. She knew that her parents taught her to be better than her brother. And it was little wonder that her mate Miles (the pack's first male Luna of color) loved her.

Even so, Carson knew that he couldn't survive after being rejected by that insolent fool known as Regan Zallenda. He did the Soul Conversion to live out his days as a human and offered happiness to the late Gia and her son Lucas. And now, he was fighting for survival.

I pulled out my cellphone, dialing the number of my Beta Tony. "Tony, my friends and mates found our omega to fulfill the circle- the boy known as Carson Hadley," I told him.

"Whoa," my brother said on the other line. "This is huge. Want me to tell the pack?"

"Definitely," I said, noticing that the other guys are calling up their Betas to spread the news. "Tell them that Carson Hadley is ours."

"Your will be done," was all he said before he hung up.

I turned my attention back to the comatose Carson. "Sweet boy, the moment you wake up is when I hope to have you in my and my friends' arms," I promised him. "That brat Regan doesn't know how good he had it."

And I was sure of it.

********

Ferdinand Odair (Alpha were-cat shifter of the Red Spade Pack)

My were-jaguar Antoni was purring in half-arousal and sadness for the boy that laid there in hopes of wakening up. He didn't deserve any of the sadness that he was dealt with in the past. And most of all, he didn't deserve to be paired with a heartless fool like that Regan Zallenda brat. At least his sister Lady Ciara and parents Harvey and Delia were saints alongside the compassionate wolves and those who didn't know. Even the pups did their part to give Carson some light in his darkness. It's more than likely the reason that Carson was the light to Gia and her baby boy before the two of them were killed by a foolish drunk driver.

I'll be damned that the light for our lives would be snuffed out by anyone. And if Regan does try to kill him, Antoni would be happy to tear his flesh in pieces.

"Soon, mi amorcito, you will be free from the pain and open your eyes to better days," I vowed to him. "My pack is yours and my friends and I will make you happy. Wake up, my angelic soul, to the news of glory."

********

Dominic Gauthier (Alpha vampire of the Bloodstone Vampire Coven)

Sweet Moon Goddess, why is my mate still asleep?

My vampire side (Thorn) agrees with me that Carson should be dancing in the moonlight with me surrounding him before we lose ourselves in heated passion. He should be training to be the young lord of my many mansions that I have all across LA and around the world.