Shade 4 ~ Cappuccino

My eyes snapped open in the middle of the night and I was drenched in sweat. My heart was beating frantically in my chest because of the harsh nightmare and I took a deep breath to calm it.

I had such a nightmare when I think too much of my sister, which I did last night when I talked to my mom.

After steadying my breaths, I glanced at the clock on my side table and it showed one in the morning. I still had the entire night, and the thought of taking the sleeping pills came to my mind but quickly dismissed it. I didn't want to have nosebleeds and headaches again.

Suddenly feeling thirsty, I looked at my water bottle only to see it empty. Groaning, I hopped off my bed and walked out of my room. I cautiously stepped down the stairs, making no noise, and my eyes went to Hunter's door in front.

A light shade was coming beneath the door from which I got the lights in his room were on and saw a darker shade moving around.

He's awake.

I tip-toed towards the kitchen without switching the lights. I walked towards the refrigerator and opened the door. My eyes went to the chilled bottle of water and I took it out. I sat on the counter next to the fridge and took huge gulps of water.

My body relaxed when the water went down my dry throat. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and my body tensed when I heard a door click.

It was Hunter's.

My eyes squeezed shut in agony. I wasn't in the mood to get into an argument again with him because that's all we have done since I met him. But to my surprise, Rachel stepped out of his room.

She didn't notice me as she strolled towards her room, whistling like she just had the best night of her life. I scrutinized the lingerie she wore, which barely covered her body, and darted my eyes back to Hunter's room.

Maybe she had a good time.

"It's not a big hot shot like other schools, but you just need to graduate

"It's not a big hot shot like other schools, but you just need to graduate." Colton laughed as he took a seat beside me on the bench on the campus ground.

We came to campus a little early before my first class so he could give me a tour. He was right when he said it wasn't big. It was just a widespread building with a few floors and there was a little basketball and tennis court behind the building.

"It's alright." I shrugged. "I mean, it's just for two years."

"Time flies." He chuckled, placing his arm on the bench top behind me.

"This is your last semester, right?" He nodded his head, looking ahead. "What are you planning to do after graduation?"

"Get a job in a famous IT company."

"That's your plan?" I looked at him, bored.

"Hey don't give me that look." He frowned. "Do you have any idea how much IT Techs earn?" I opened my mouth, but he cut me off. "Of course, you don't. That's why you're taking it lightly."