Shade 17 ~ Therapy

“What are you up to these days?”

“I’m majoring in business at a community college.”

“That’s good. Made any friends there?”

“I live in an off-campus house with six people. And I might consider a few of them my friends.”

“Tell me about your housemates.”

“There are three girls. Caroline is a sweetie. Scarlett looked a little scary in the beginning, but she’s also nice, and for Rachel... She’s a bitch.”

“What about the other three?”

“Rio is Scarlett’s boyfriend. He’s a good guy, but I might have blackmailed him and now he hates me.”

“Why did you do that?”

“I caught him watching porn because he was horny and couldn’t wait for his girlfriend to get off her periods.”

“Oh wow, and what did you use-“

“There is another guy, Colton.” I cut her off before she asked me too much about Rio and the reason for me to blackmail him. “He’s a flirt, but a gentleman.”

She blinked her eyes at me as if waiting for me to continue. “What about the last?”

“Hunter, and he’s a bipolar, arrogant dickhead.”

“Ok...” She wrote something on the notepad. “Any boyfriend?”

“It’s only been two weeks since I moved here.”

“Did you at least find any guy attractive?”

I didn’t know why Hunter’s face flashed across my mind, but I shook it away.

“Not really.”

“What about the two single guys?”

“One is a player and the other one is an asshole,” I repeated my statement.

“Hm... What do you do apart from your classes?”

“I have a job at a cafe as a barista.”

“That’s great. You love coffee, right?”

“I do.”

It was Sunday, and I was in my therapy session in Atlanta. She casually asked me more questions related to my studies, job and how was I coping with my vision. I discreetly looked at the time and was glad there were only a few more minutes left in the session.

“Do you still sketch?”

“Yeah, I do. Not frequently as before because I have limited time now.”

“When did you last talk to your parents?”

“Two weeks ago. When I moved to Dunwoody.”

“Why didn’t you talk after that?”

“I texted my mom to inform her about my job and she told me about some gardening class she joined to keep her mind occupied. But I didn’t get the time to call her.”

“Alright... Did you recently have any panic attacks?”

“No.”

“Any nightmares?”

“Nope.”

“Did you think about your sister?”

“I’ve been really busy. I haven’t thought about her in a while.” Lies rolled off my tongue like honey.

She scrutinized me, looking for any sign of falsehood, and I kept my face straight. “Did you tell your housemates about your sister?”

“No.” My brows dipped in a frown. “Why would I ever tell them about her?”