Shade 51 ~ Alibi

Davis laughed after he took a sip of his drink. "You were close, but it needs more vodka."

"Fuck. It's so hard!" I grumbled, pouring more vodka into the glass and mixing it.

"It's not." He grinned and stopped my hand, signaling it was enough. "It's like mixing colors. You just have to reach the right shade, and you'll know it's perfect." He took another sip and beamed in approval.

"Easy for you to say," I snorted. "Just between us." I leaned in conspiratorially. "Can't I taste it before giving it to the customer? I'll know if it's good or not."

Davis chuckled and placed the empty glass on the counter. "You can't do that. And besides, you'll be drunk before midnight if you keep that up, Bella."

"Right..." I murmured, my eyes darting around the crowded club before settling on Davis. It was the right moment to talk to him about my nickname before Hunter had the chance to hear him calling me Bella. "Uh, Davis. There's something I want to talk to you about."

"What?"

"Can you not call me Bella?" I scratched my head, trying to come up with a way to make it less awkward. "I know I introduced myself that way, but I'd prefer it if you called me Isabella from now on."

He frowned. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's not you," I rushed. "It's just... I don't want anyone else to call me that."

"Why?"

How do I tell him he can't call me Bella because I'd prefer that name to come out of the mouth of an asshole who sounds absurdly sexy when he calls me that and he made a deal to only made this nickname exclusive for him?

Now that I think it out loud, it seems extremely ridiculous, but what can I say? I like that asshole.

"If you don't want to, then I won't." He pressed his lips, looking disappointed by my lack of response. "You don't need to explain anything."

I bit my lip, not knowing what else to say, and he went over to the customer who had called him for a drink. Groaning, I dropped my head back. I tried to make the situation less awkward, but it didn't work. Maybe I should have told him the truth.

"Excuse me?" I turned my head towards the voice and saw a girl waving at me. "I'd like a gin and tonic." She ordered as she took a seat at the bar.

"Coming right up." I beamed, happy to make the easy drink.

As I made the drink, my eyes kept darting back and forth towards the girl. I couldn't shake the feeling that she looked familiar, even though I had never met her before. After finishing the drink, I took it towards her and placed the glass on the counter.

"Here's your order."

"Thank you," she grinned, taking the glass.

I looked at her closely, trying to remember who she was. She had a long bob haircut and dark hair that looked like it was Raven-colored. Her skin was bright and appeared pale to me. Her features were well-defined, yet they had a soft look to them.

"Is there something on my face?" she asked, pulling me out of my trance.

"Uh-No, sorry." I let out a nervous laugh and averted my gaze. "I just thought I'd seen you before."

"I come here a lot." She giggled and pointed at her drink. "You gave me the order last time, too."

"Oh, right," I remembered it was when I started working here. That night, I also had the same thought, but I was too tired to ponder on it. "Enjoy your drink."