Shade 31 ~ Crazy

“Isabella?” I groaned in my sleep when I heard a whisper in my ear. “Isabella?”

“Go away,” I grumbled when someone shook me.

“Isabella?”

“What?” I peeked through my eyes and saw Caroline looming over me. “Callie?” I leaned on my arms and looked around the tent in the darkness. “What time it is?”

“Three in the morning.”

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

“Because there’s something we need to do.” I halted when she gave me a Cheshire grin.

“What-“ She placed her finger on my lips.

“Shhh... Be quiet or else you’ll wake her up.” She jerked her thumb behind her and I looked over her shoulder to see Rachel tossing in her sleep.

“Exactly what are we doing?” I asked when I saw her grabbing a flashlight and a blanket.

“You’ll see.” She giggled.

Confused and still half asleep, I got up and we walked out of the tent. Everyone else was asleep, and we tip-toed toward the forest. There was dead silence in the forest except for a few crickets and the cracking of leaves under our footsteps.

My brows dipped into a frown when I heard the waterfall.

“Why are we here?” I asked when we reached it.

“We are here...” She put the flashlight under her chin and the light illuminated her grin. “For skinny dipping.” She squealed and switched the flashlight off.

“Seriously Callie?” I looked at her deadpan, but she couldn’t see my face. “You woke me up at three in the morning for skinny dipping?”

“This is going to be fun!” she said, and I saw her silhouette taking the clothes off. “Remember when I told you we’ll have to change it when we played ‘Never have I ever’?”

“Yeah,” I recalled I didn’t take the shot when someone asked that question and Caroline said something like that.

“It’s time to tick that off your bucket list.” She giggled.

“Callie, I’m not getting naked in the middle of the night out in the open. Anyone can come!”

“I knew you’d say this and that’s why I waited till everyone fell asleep.” She sighed. “Besides, it's dark. No one can see us naked.”

She was right. I could barely make out of her and my surroundings.

Caroline didn’t sleep the whole night just so she could cross skinny dipping out of my nonexistent bucket list and I didn’t want to break her heart.

“Fine.” I took my clothes off and shivered when the chilly breeze ruffled my hair on my bare skin. “It’s cold.”

“Come here.” I felt something touched my arm. It was Caroline’s hand. She clasped my hand with hers and walked towards the lake. “We need to jump.”

“It’s freezing, Callie.” I shuddered.

“I know. But once we are inside, we won’t feel it.” Again she was right. “On the count of three.”

"Ok..." I took a deep breath, preparing myself.

“One... Two... And jump!” she shouted and yanked me with her.

“What happened to the three?!” I squealed when the frigid water touched my body.

“I ate it.” She burst into laugh and after a few seconds, I joined her.