Shade 52 ~ Proof

On the following day, which was Monday, the club was not as crowded as it usually was. I was given the task of assisting Davis with the inventory. We inspected the stock and identified the items that needed to be replenished. We made a list of the necessary items and put away the empty bottles.

"We are almost out of vodka," I said, writing it down on the sheet, and Davis nodded his head in return. "Davis Listen-"

"I'll put these bottles out." He cut me off as he picked up the heavy carton box. "I'll be back in a minute. You check the rest."

A sigh escaped my lips as I watched him ignore me and walk out of the storeroom. He has been like this since I told him not to call me by nickname. I was trying not to make it awkward, but his ignorant behavior wasn't helping. It wasn't a big deal, but I was so not prepared for this.

I put his thoughts away and stepped out of the storeroom. The hallway was empty, and I climbed the spiral staircase. When our in-charge told us to work on the storeroom, I knew it was my chance to sneak upstairs and check out what was in the room upstairs.

I knew something was in there and my body itched every day to check it. Now was my chance, but I needed to hurry.

I quickly took a scan of the upper floor before stepping and when I saw no one there, I tip-toed to the room. I put my ear on the door but heard nothing. Taking a deep breath, grabbed the doorknob and prayed it to be open. My shoulders relaxed when it unlocked and I creaked it open.

I peeked inside and my eyes were immediately drawn to the massive LED computers that lined the walls. There were also several mainframe computers and other devices that appeared to be connected with servers. As I took in the high-tech surroundings, I noticed two men seated at a desk with their backs turned towards me.

They were both wearing headphones, which made it clear that they were intently focused on their work and didn't hear me. I couldn't help but be amazed at the sheer number of screens and monitors in front of them. And then, as I got a closer look, I finally understood what they were doing and my eyes widened in shock.

One of them had an Excel sheet open on their computer screen, and they were actively entering various amounts into the spreadsheet. Meanwhile, the other person was busy running a website with the coding.

I knew something was going on in this room!

The bastard is running his porn site in his club.

How convenient!

My heart skipped a beat when I heard Davis calling me. "Isabella?!" He shouted from downstairs. I quickly shut the door and turned to leave, but before I could make my escape, Davis appeared at the top of the stairs. "What are you doing here?" He asked, his brow furrowed.

"Uh-I was looking around to see this. There was a storeroom here." I stammered, trying to come up with an excuse.

"We are not allowed up here."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize," I let out a nervous laugh, trying to sound innocent, and my body tensed when I heard footsteps from the other side of the hallway.

"I've noticed you've been acting strange lately." Davis took a step closer to me, completely oblivious to the fact that there was someone else was coming in the hallway.

Am I?

"What? No. How about we go downstairs and talk?" I glanced at the door and back at him, but he didn't understand my cue.

"Yes, you are. What's going on, Isabella?" Davis questioned, his tone becoming more serious. "Did I do something-"

"No Davis, we can talk down-"