Shade 10 ~ Cupcakes

I woke up around noon and skipped school since I already missed the morning classes. My brain went back to the video, and I tried to think of a way to check that website out.

I could easily make my ID and be done with it, but I didn't want to do that. My parents keep tabs on my account and if they saw me transferring money to a porn site. Well... I'll have to do a lot of explanation and tell them about Riley.

But first, I needed to know the truth myself before burdening my already depressed parents.

Groaning, I got up from my bed and took an outfit from my wardrobe to change. After changing into a casual blue half sleeves top with black ripped jeans, I sauntered downstairs to see it empty.

Colton must be taking his class, and Caroline has the morning shift in the vet. As for Scarlett and Rio, they go to their shop in the evening and spend the rest of the day mostly in their rooms.

My eyes went to Hunter's room as I walked past it towards the kitchen. I had no clue what he and Rachel does.

I entered the kitchen and saw a note from Caroline. She always made me food and if I don't come to eat, she writes my name on the container with a note so I can eat it later.

I thought of doing something for her in return but didn't get the chance to do anything. Since I had nothing to do until my work shift, I decided to make cupcakes for everyone. I loved to bake, and it's been so long since I did it. It'll also help me keep my mind off the video.

I searched for the ingredients they had in the kitchen and made a list of the ones I will be needing. After eating my breakfast, I went to the groceries store in the city and buy the items.

When I reached home, I saw Scarlett in the kitchen, heating something in the microwave.

"Hey." I greeted her as I placed the shopping bags on the counter.

"Don't you have classes today?" she asked, eyeing the bags.

"My major class got canceled, so I skipped the others." I lied.

I couldn't tell her I overslept because of the pills.

"And what are you doing now?"

"I'm baking cupcakes for everyone."

"Why?" She frowned.

"Well... I have done nothing since I came. I wanted to show my gratitude."

"You don't need to."

"But I want to."

"Alright." She bobbed her head. "I'll help you."

"No. It's fine. I can make it-"

"Don't worry, I won't take the credit."

"I didn't mean it like that." I panicked, thinking I might have offended her.

"Relax Isabella." She winked. "I'm just teasing you."

Wow. Scarlett joking with me.

That's something new.

I nodded my head, and we began working together. She helped me with the mixture and beat it while I put the ingredients in it. She stopped when the texture of the mixture became smooth and tasted it.

"It's good." She looked at me with her sparking eyes.

"I'm glad." I smiled, feeling relieved, and we poured the mixtures into the molds.

We placed the trays in the preheated oven and cleaned the mess. I washed the dishes while Scarlett wiped the counter. When we were done, we took seats at the kitchen island and waited for them to bake.