Shade 43 ~ VIP

After rushing away from Ryan, I went back to the bar. I felt eyes on me and when I peeked up, I saw Ryan watching me from the mezzanine floor.

SHIT!

I couldn't even get to see what was in the room and I got caught under his radar. Now I have to be extra careful of my actions or else he'll suspect me.

After the club got close, I went back to Dunwoody, and all the way Ryan's face flashed in my head.

He was in front of me, and I wanted to cut him into little pieces, yet I couldn't do anything but control my temper. When I first met him, he looked like an innocent boy my sister loved and now he was a cunning man who was the reason for my sister's end.

I parked my car on the sidewalk when I reached my home and went inside. I cracked the door open, trying not to make a sound, and entered the house. At the same time, I saw Colton's door open and my eyes widened when I saw Caroline coming out.

We both paused, halfway closing the door, when our eyes met and blinked at each other. My gaze wandered over the only button shirt she wore, which I knew was Colton's because it was too big for her size and her disheveled hair.

I glimpsed at the wall clock in the living room to see it was four fifteen in the morning and back to Caroline.

"Hey, Isabella." She came out of shock first and softly closed Colton's room door as she whispered. "What are you doing up this late?"

"I came from work," I said in a duh tone, shutting the main door and crossed my arms. "What about you?"

"Uh...." Her eyes flickered to Colton's room and back to me. "We were playing games on his computer and I didn't realize it got this late." She let out of nervous laugh.

I arched my brow at her lame excuse, and my lips curled into a smirk. "You had sex with him."

"W-hat?" Her eyes widened in panic and she took a few steps towards me. "That's not what happened-" She halted when she saw my blank face and her shoulders slumped. "Fine, you win."

"Oh, my god Callie!" I couldn't help but sequel and bounced towards her. "How long-"

"Sh... This was the first time." She placed her hand on my mouth and looked back at the room. "Come here." She grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the kitchen.

"Is he sleeping?" She nodded her head and my eyes widened. "Callie. Why are you sneaking out of his room?"

"The thing is." She licked her lips and sighed. "It wasn't planned or anything. It just happened."

"Details please," I sat on the kitchen counter.

"Since your brother visited things between Colt and I changed." She began leaning her hip on the counter. "I mean, he's the same, but still there is something different. He pays attention to me in a way that makes me feel like the only person in the room."

"He did that before too, but are noticing it now." I pointed out.

"He stopped sleeping around and we have been hanging a lot." She tucked her hair lock behind her ear. "He comes to my vet after his classes and takes me wherever he could think of. And we just talked like whatever topic we come up with and it's... nice."

She had a ghost smile on her face and I wiggled my brows. "How did you end up in his bed?"

"I-uh-well." I giggled at her flush and she pouted. "Will you stop teasing me?"

"I'm curious!" I exclaimed.

"We were watching a movie." She gestured towards the living room. "And no one else was home. We sat close as we used to, with his arm around my shoulder and my back leaning against him, but this was the first time I felt his body. The combination of his warmth and firm muscles." She glanced at the couch as if reliving the moment. "And it turned me on."