Shade 37 ~ Warehouse

"Are you feeling alright?" I blinked my eyes to focus my vision and saw Davis looking at me with concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I stifled a yawn. "Sorry for dozing off."

"It takes time to get used to this schedule." He chuckled as he passed me the drink he made and I poured them into the right glass. "Night shifts aren't easy."

"Especially with morning classes," I murmured and walked towards the girl who ordered it.

Last night I couldn't get a wink of sleep because of our one and only. I lay on my bed the entire night thinking of ways to convince him I was not attracted to him and before I knew it, my alarm blared. I took my classes and couldn't get a single word from my professors in my head, then went home.

After taking a nap for only an hour, I left for Atlanta for the club. I had to come early so Davis could teach me more about the drinks.

And now it wasn't even midnight and my eyelids were closing off. It felt like someone put pounds of rocks on them and it took a lot of willpower to keep them open.

"Thanks." The girl, who seemed a few years older than me, smiled and walked away from the bar.

She looked familiar to me, but my sleepy brain wasn't functioning enough to recognize her, so I put the thought aside.

It wasn't very crowded tonight since it was a weekday and I was preparing myself fast so I could handle the crowd. I looked up at the mezzanine floor and saw a lot of guests, but Ryan wasn't there.

I haven't seen him since I stepped into the club and I get he doesn't come here every day. There was no luck with Mikheil either, and it was just day two. I had to be patient.

I was about to turn back to Davis but halted when I saw two familiar figures passing by the bar towards the booths. My eyes went to Hunter, who walked absently without noticing me, but Rachel did.

"Isabella?" Her brows furrowed as she watched me, puzzled, and that got Hunter's attention.

He first glanced at her, then followed her gaze to me. His eyes slightly widened in surprise, then they knitted in confusion when he observed me standing behind the bar.

"Hi Rachel," I replied to her and turned a blind eye to Hunter.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as if she was concerned about my well-being.

"Working," I said in a monotone.

"Since when do you work here?" She asked, walking towards the bar and I felt déjà vu except that it was the other person when it happened before.

"Since yesterday."

"What happened to the cafe-"

"Do you want something to drink?" I cut her off before Davis heard her, and it wasn't like she was actually interested in it.

Rachel and I haven't talked properly since I moved to the house and it was a month ago. I still don't know what she does and I don't even give a penny about it. Though she has been home recently because I had to see her scowling face a lot.

She side glanced at Hunter who was staring at me in silence and smirked. "Two sex on the beach."

I held the urge to roll my eyes at her hint and nodded my head.

What now?

They're back together?

That was fast.

What if they did Isabella?

It shouldn't bother you since you told the guy off.

But deep down, it did.