Shade 18 ~ Nightclub

Darting my eyes into his piercing gaze, I gulped at his stern tone and ducked my head. Hunter cut the line standing in front of the bouncer. The guy behind us complained, but halted when Hunter shot him a glare.

The bouncer looked at me and frowned. “I thought I told you-“

“She’s with me,” Hunter said, placing his hand on my waist and pulled me to his side.

My breath hitched when his warm hand touched my bare skin. We were standing so close to each other that I could feel the heat radiating from his body. My heart thumped in my ears and I curtained my face with my hair to hide my red face.

The bouncer darted his eyes between us and, without asking for Hunter’s ID, he took a step aside. Hunter gave him a nod and strode inside, keeping his hand on me.

I followed his suit and walked into the club. The blaring music beat replaced the drumming of my heart because of the proximity with Hunter when we entered the club.

My wide eyes roamed around the place, taking in my surroundings. There was a bar on the right side. Sitting booths in the front and left side with the wall, while the rest was the massive dance floor. There were enormous glass windows on the mezzanine floor and I noticed a lot of people in there too.

It didn’t look this big from the outside.  

“Let’s go,” Hunter said after giving me a few minutes to absorb everything, and ambled around the dance floor.

“You can let me go now,” I said when he didn’t remove his hand from my waist.

He pulled me tighter towards his side and whispered in my ear. “Not yet.”

What the...

I didn't know why I was even voluntarily letting him drag me. We passed the bar and went towards the booths. There was a huge round couch in each sitting area with a little table in between. My eyes darted to one booth and saw familiar faces.

Caroline was sitting on the right side next to her was Colton, the couple, and Rachel, with an empty seat beside her. It was obviously for her ‘best friend’.

“Finally he's here!” Colton grinned, and it faltered when he saw me next to him. “Isabella?”

“I was looking for you everywhere this morning!” Caroline said when we reached them. “Where were you?”

“I had do to a little shopping,” I mumbled and watched them as they gave me a once-over.

Maybe I should have worn something else.

“I thought of asking you to join us,” Caroline beamed. “But glad you’re here now.”

I opened my mouth, but Rachel beat me to it. “How did you even know we were here?”

They all turned their glances at me. “I... Didn’t know.”

“Then what are you doing here?” That was Scarlett, and Rio’s arm around her shoulder gave me an idea.

“I’m on a date.”

“A date?” They frowned.

“I didn’t know you had a date, Bella.” My shoulders stiffened at Hunter’s low voice from behind me.

“Because I didn’t tell you.” I spun on my heels and looked into his eyes.

“Then why didn’t you wait for your ‘date’ to get you in?” He grunted, and I saw his eyes burning.

“I’m just a little early and I didn’t want to wait outside.” I gave him a shrug.

All these lies must be igniting the hellfire for me to burn.