Shade 53 ~ Reckless

The next few days were a rollercoaster of emotions for me. At first, I was furious with Hunter for giving up and leaving me to fend for myself. But then, as I thought about it more, I realized he had been helping me all along. He was always there to make sure I wasn't putting myself in harm's way and would step in whenever I did.

It was clear Hunter cared deeply about me, and I couldn't help but feel guilty about how I had treated him. I spent hours lying awake at night, thinking about how I could make things right, and I searched for him the next day, but like before he had vanished without a trace. I even checked the basement, but he was nowhere to be found.

Everyone knew that Hunter and I had fought, but they were powerless to help. I tried to apologize to Davis, but I couldn't explain my behavior to him. He began ignoring me again, which was frustrating but not nearly as painful as the thought of having hurt Hunter.

He thinks I like him, but my feeling has passed that stage a very long time ago. Even though I hadn't intended to hurt him, I couldn't shake the feeling that I had done just that. Every second of every day, the thought of Hunter's pain haunted me and how I might be able to make amends.

On Friday, I went to the underground arena, knowing it was the only place I could find him. It was hard to get out of the club because Davis wasn't there to help me anymore. I had to beg my in-charge to give me an off, using the excuse of having cramps, and he finally gave in.

On my way to the arena, I contacted Caroline to find out where everyone else was and she said she had reached. Getting the password from her which was 'The End', I pressed the accelerator and drove towards it at full speed.

As I walked into the underground arena, I could hear the deafening sound of the crowd roaring. I couldn't make out of what they were saying, and I pushed past the audience to get to the group who stood near the ring.

"Hold your horses you bitchs!" I heard Mick's voice from the megaphone. "This is what the boss decides, so none of your whining matters!" The crowd kept screaming incoherent words, making Mick groan.

I had no idea what was going on until I reached the group and saw four people standing in the ring, including Hunter.

"What's going on?" I questioned, getting everyone's attention. I could see the worried expressions on their faces.

"Isabella, it's horrible." Caroline whimpered and hugged me tightly.

"What?" I looked at the others, but they avoided eye contact, while Rachel gave me a death glare. My eyes landed on Colton and I raised my brow at him. "What's going on, Colton?"

"The decision is final, and trust your golden boy!" Mick chuckled. "He can kick anyone's ass! Even deaths! Now stop complaining like high school girls and cheer for your boy!" Half of the crowd was still shouting in anger, but he ignored them. "Let the match begin!" Mick announced and ran out of the ring.

"The four of them are going to fight each other?" I inquired, and Caroline let go of me without responding.

"It's three against one." Colton finally said, and my brows furrowed in confusion.

"The three of them are against Hunter," Scarlett elaborated.

"What?!" I looked at her in disbelief and darted my eyes to Hunter, who was casually fixing his bandages. "He agreed to this?!"

"It wasn't a choice." Colton sighed. "We knew nothing until Hunter stepped in the ring and Mick called three opponents."

That's why the crowd was furious, because no one knew what was going on.

"Has Watson gone mad?!" I fumed in anger and my fists clenched in anger. I was ready to punch his old ugly wrinkled face.

"You're the one who put him in this situation!" Rachel snapped and stepped towards me.