Shade 20 ~ Apology

The rest of the week went by with me searching for a self-defense class and for Hunter to apologize for what I said.

And I miserably failed at both.

Starting with the defense class. I went to the biggest gym in the town and the manager there told me they don’t teach self-defense.

“But I don’t want to just build a body.” I tried to negotiate with him. “I need to learn basic self-defense. Name your price and I'll pay you whatever you guys require for your membership.”

“Sorry kiddo, but we don’t do that here.” He sighed, getting frustrated by me. “We have trainers for bodybuilding, not Kung Fu.”

What’s the use of building a body if you can’t defend yourself?

After wasting my time, I gave up when I realized there was no use in trying.

Now onto Hunter.

Before what I said to him on Juneteenth, he was everywhere, and now it was like he was invisible. He was nowhere to be found in the house, and neither he was at breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I discreetly asked the others if they knew where he was, but none of them knew his whereabouts. They didn’t look worried about him, which confirmed he was only avoiding me.

On Friday, I desperately waited for him to show up at the coffee shop, but he didn’t. Terry was also surprised and told me he never missed his Friday drink since she started working at the shop. Which was two years ago.

I got he didn’t want to see me, but he should at least give me a chance to apologize.

Knowing there was only one way left for me, I texted Caroline that I’d go with them to watch Hunter’s fight.

Quickly finishing my shift, I went home and changed into a white tee with black jeans and a denim jacket.

Colton drove Caroline and me like last time while the others left before us. I asked them not to mention I was coming along with them to the others and they agreed to it. Colton asked me why, to which I just shrugged, saying it was a surprise. They were confused but said nothing.

Like last time, I followed them into the alley next to the antique Japanese shop, and this time the password was ‘Lollipop’.

I asked them from where they get these passwords and Caroline told me Hunter gets them and sends them to their group chat. That’s when I realized I wasn’t that close to the group to be in their group chat, but I dismissed the thought. They have known each other for years and it’s been only three weeks for me.

And I already made Hunter infuriated with me.

The arena was crowded like last time and there was already a fight going on, but it wasn’t Hunter.

I looked around and saw Rachel with Scarlett and Rio when we reached them, and Hunter was nowhere.

“What is she doing here?” Rachel frowned at me.

“She wants to see some action.” Caroline winked.

“Don’t go crying like a baby when you’ll get frightened.” She scoffed.

“Don’t worry, mama. I won’t come to you.” I said in a honey tone and everyone snickered.

They watched the fight which was going on, but I kept glancing at the narrow hallway. I guessed Hunter must be in the room he was in last time.

I cautiously sneaked away from the group, who were busy yelling at the fight, and made my way towards the hallway. Inhaling a deep breath, I knocked on the door and Hunter’s voice came.