Shade 57 ~ Trap

As the words escaped my lips, his expression shifted to one of surprise and intrigue. It seemed like he was about to say something, but before he could, a sudden knock echoed through the room, interrupting the moment.

"Doctor is here to see Hunter." Caroline's voice came from the other side of the door.

I cleared my throat as I backed away from the still-stunned Hunter. "Come in."

I got up from the bed and greeted the doctor as he entered the room with Caroline. The doctor went to Hunter and Caroline darted her eyes between us. I licked my dry lips and tried to act natural as I slowly made my way out of Hunter's room.

"Did something happen?" Caroline asked, making me halt.

"No," I mumbled, taking steps on the stairs.

"Then why is Hunter blushing so hard?"

"I don't know," I murmured and climbed the stairs.

As I ascended the stairs to the bathroom, I couldn't help but feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

I can't believe I said that...

I confessed my feelings to Hunter!

A soft giggle escaped my lips as I recalled the look of shock on his face. He was speechless and that perplexed look on his face was everything. I washed my face and wondered what he would have said if we weren't interrupted.

Maybe he didn't feel the same way about me and I was just reading too much into his actions.

I knew he liked me, but what if it was just that?

Only like and nothing else.

Groaning, I rubbed my face with my scrub and washed it off. I went to my room to look for an outfit to wear for the club. I was feeling exhausted and my body was begging me to rest. A part of me was tempted to skip the club and spend the night with Hunter instead.

But I had already taken a day off yesterday because of his fight, so I couldn't afford to miss work again.

My eyes glimpsed my favorite shorts, and a mischievous grin took over my lips.

He likes me in shorts.

Without further ado, I grabbed my dark blue shorts, slipped into them, and matched a black top with it.

As I wrapped my hair in a ponytail, I made my way downstairs and saw the doctor coming out of Hunter's room.

"He should keep his movements to a minimum if he wants to recover faster."

"I'll let him know," Caroline answered and walked towards the door with him.

My heart skipped a beat as I peeked into Hunter's room, but my shoulders slumped in disappointment when I saw him sleeping. The doctor must have injected him again. I wanted to talk to him before leaving but I guess I'll have to wait till morning.

I closed the door with a soft click and turned around to see Caroline standing with her arms crossed and her foot tapping the floor.

"So?" She arched her brow impatiently.

"I'm late for work," I murmured as I walked past her.

"Isabella, come on!" She whined.

"I'll tell you when I'll be back." I grinned and dashed out of the house towards my car.

The entire ride to Atlanta, I kept making scenarios of how Hunter would react. It was nerve-wracking and I couldn't wait to go back home. When I reached the club, I parked my car in the lot and was about to get out when my phone blared. Frowning, I picked it out of my bag and saw an unknown number.