Shade 28 ~ Type

“Here’s your Mocha and croissants.”

“Thank you.” The woman smiled and walked away with her parcels.

“Now that you’re free, will you tell me?” Terry whined, leaning on the counter.

“I have nothing to tell.”

“Oh, come on, you live with him.” She pouted. “At least tell me if he has a girlfriend or not?”

“He has no girlfriend.” I paused, then added. “Not that I know of.”

Since it was Friday, Terry was waiting for Hunter to show up. She was eager because she didn’t get to see him last Friday.

“That means I can go with force on him.” She clasped her hands in enthusiasm. “I’ve tried to play cool for a very long time, only thinking he might have someone. But since he doesn’t.” She winked. “I’ll just have to make the first move.”

“Do whatever you like Terry.” I sighed as I cleaned my cups.

“You don’t like him, right?”

The cup almost fell out of my hands at her question. “Why do you even think that?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “Whenever the two of you are together, I feel some kind of sexual tension between you two-“

“Oh, no no!” I shook my head. “There might be tension, but there’s nothing sexual about it.”

“Hm...” She seemed unconvinced. “You don’t mind if I have him.”

“He’s all yours,” I said in a monotone, and she gave me a toothy grin.

“Now that it’s clear, I just have to wait-“ The bell chimed and her eyes darted towards the door, making her beam in delight. “Name the hot devil and he’s here.”

I rolled my eyes at her and turned my back toward the counter without glancing at Hunter.

“Evening Handsome.” Terry greeted him as I pretended to be busy.

Usually, it’s pretty busy at this hour, but today there wasn’t a single soul in the shop except for the workers and Hunter.

“Evening Terry.” I heard Hunter’s deep voice, and a shiver went down my spine.

I gulped when the morning memories flashed back and I swayed my head to get rid of them.

“What can I do for you today?”

“I’ll have my usual.” I was about to pick a cup to make his cappuccino but halted when Terry said.

“You should try something new. Usual gets boring.” I cringed at Terry and how hard she was trying. “You should give something else a try.”

“You’re right.” He said, and I felt his stare at the back of my head. “New can be thrilling.”

“I know.” She giggled.

“I’ll have whatever you’re offering.”

Oh, you have no clue what she’s offering you.

“Isabella, Can you make affogato.”

Affogato? There’s no fucking way he’s going to like it.

In the beginning, I thought Hunter might like bitter coffee like espresso but I was surprised when he told me he liked cappuccino.

I make coffee for him every day and I know how he likes it.

I nodded my head, and instead of affogato, I made him a macchiato. I knew he’d like it more because it got the creamy sweet taste of his usual drink.