Shade 13 ~ Sisters

"Ew... This is gross Riley." My nose scrunched in disgust when I saw a guy sucking a girl's face in the movie.

"They're kissing Bella." She giggled. "It's not gross. It's hot."

It was around midnight. We were laying on our stomachs in my sister's room and watching 'Meet Joe Black' on her laptop.

We weren't allowed to watch movies this late at night, but our parents were asleep and our brother, Matteo, wasn't interested in chick films. I was eleven at that time and my sweet older sister turned eighteen.

"What's hot about it?" I asked her in curiosity.

"Well, it's hard to describe." She bit her lip and tapped her cheek as she thought of a way to explain it to me. "You see, when two people fall in love with each other deeply, they express their feelings in different ways."

"Like?" I inquired.

"If we talk about it intimately. It's like you're on a rollercoaster ride of overwhelming emotions that you have no control over and every single touch burns you." My brows knitted in confusion, and she sighed. "Not literally."

"Oh." I nodded.

"That's what you feel when you kiss them with that deep passion..." She gestured towards the screen. "And make love."

I looked at the screen and saw Joe getting on top of Susan. My mind clicked to last year when I saw my parents in the same position.

"I saw Mom and Dad doing that in the summerhouse."

She choked on the air and stared at me with wide eyes in horror. "You did what?!"

I told her the story, and she burst out laughing, rolling on her tummy.

"What's so funny about it?" I tilted my head in confusion. "They made love because they obviously love each other."

"Do you want to know what exactly lovemaking is?"

Beaming, I bobbed my head, but it turned into a grimace when she told me the details. I ran up to her bathroom and threw up while she held my hair back and laughed.

"This is not funny Riley!" I whimpered when I was finished. "This is so disgusting! I can't believe they did that in the open!"

I felt nauseous even after spilling the whole burger I ate at dinner.

"You're so innocent, Bella." She snickered. "They must be sexually aroused. That's why they couldn't control themselves."

"Who even told you that?" I frowned as I washed my mouth.

"Um... A friend of mine." She shrugged.

"Have you done it?" I peeked at her through the mirror and she bit her lip, avoiding my eye contact. "No way!" I gasped, turning towards her. "With your boyfri-"

She put her hand over my mouth. "Shhh... Don't say it out loud or else Mom and Dad will hear you."

"Do you love him?" I asked, but it came out muffled under her hand.

She gave me a shy smile, taking her hand off my mouth. "Yes, I do."

"But isn't it sickening to do it?" I gagged. "I mean you and that thing..."

"You'll know it, eventually."

"There's no way I'm doing that."

"You'll change your mind when you meet the right guy." She winked.