Shade 26 ~ Training

On Sunday I woke up early and made coffee for Hunter as per our terms. Around five o'clock, he came out of his room in a sweatshirt and pants. His lips curled into a smirk when he saw me in the kitchen.

"Your coffee." I passed him the cup and leaned my hip on the counter as I watched him take a sip.

"Has anyone ever told you how good you are at this?" He said and I gave him a lopsided grin.

"Everyone."

He raised his brows at me in amusement, and he darted his eyes over my outfit. I wore a black Adidas sports bra over which I had a cream-colored sweat jacket and shorts.

I got some workout outfits urgently when I was searching for a self-defense class.

I impatiently waited for him to drink his coffee as he deliberately took sips of it. When he was done, he walked towards the door.

"Let's go."

"Where are we going?" My brows knitted in confusion as I followed him outside.

"For a run." He winked, making my heart skip a beat, and jogged away while I gaped at him. "Try to keep up, Bella."

what the...

I sprinted after him, and after we only jogged for a few blocks. I was panting with my tongue out like a dog while Hunter didn't even break a sweat.

"Why *gasp* are we *gasp* even run- *gasp* -ing?" I asked after a few minutes.

My whole body was sweating under the heating June sun like I just took a shower.

"To build your stamina." He gave me a side glance. "You're clearly out of shape."

I would have given him a remark on his comment if I wasn't breathless.

"That's it." My body gave way after a mile or two and I grabbed my knees, taking huge gulps of air. "W-water. I need water."

My legs were wobbling, and I sat on my knees on the sidewalk, not caring about the people watching me as they walked by.

"Here." He extended a bottle, and I snatched it from his hands.

I gulped the water like I hadn't drunk it for months and even spilled over myself while drinking it.

"T-thanks," I murmured, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Alright, we're done for the day."

"Really?" I blew a breath of relief.

"Yeah." Hunter pressed his lips tightly to repress his grin. "Now we just have to walk back."

"What?!" I shrieked and my eyes went big.

"How else do you expect to go back?" He smirked.

Asshole!

"Y-you could've told me that before!" I groaned. "I can't move my legs anymore!"

"Stop being dramatic." He rolled his eyes.

"Easy for you to say," I growled. "I don't know how long you have been doing this, but it's my first time."

"And you expect to fight with this energy?" He arched his brow.

"That's why I'm learning," I murmured and waved my hand. "Go ahead. I'll come home when I can feel my legs again."

"I'm not leaving you here." He turned his back and crouched in front of me. "Get on."

"What?" I frowned.

"Get on my back." He repeated.

"Are you seriously going to give me a piggyback ride?"