Shade 40 ~ Needle

On Sunday, I got up early and was sitting near my window, ready for Rachel. After hours of waiting around three in the afternoon when she walked out of the house towards the car on the other side of the street, I dashed from my place downstairs.

I got in my car and followed her, keeping my distance so she wouldn't notice me behind her. She drove to Atlanta with me trailing behind her.

I slowed down when I saw her stopping in front of a huge luxury hotel. I parked my car a block away and watched her as she passed her keys to the valet and strode into the hotel.

I quickly opened the webpage and waited for anything to show up. I couldn't log in because Rio's subscription wasn't working, but I had no problem since they showed a few minutes' previews of every video to gather their subscribers back.

I glanced back at the hotel and saw people coming and going out of it and it looked nothing suspicious.

My eyes went to my phone when it vibrated, and a live video began. It didn't have many viewers as before but I was surprised at how fast the webpage was growing again. I pressed the play button and the same room I saw before popped up.

This time a guy was stripping near the bed, and the cameraman zoomed on his body. With a scowl, I averted my eyes from the man's naked body, not at all interested, and waited for him to finish.

"Are you ready for the show?" I peeked back at the screen at the guy's voice and saw the camera focus on a girl in the same musketeer mask.

Rachel.

"I was born ready." A smirk played on her lips and she crawled onto the bed, swinging her hips and stretched her body on the mattress. "What about you?"

"I already have a boner." He chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Rachel spread her legs, and the camera zoomed on her lacy underwear.

The guys hovered over her, and the preview ended. I switched off my phone and threw it in the passenger seat. Closing my eyes, I leaned my head on the seat and inhaled a deep breath.

I might not like that girl, but I felt bad for her. After knowing Hunter's past, I knew there must be a back story of Rachel too and I wondered what she had gone through to end up like this.

I ignited my car, giving one last glance at the hotel, and was about to drive, but halted when I saw Mikheil walking out of the hotel.

Rachel didn't tell me anything and it would be a waste of time to hope for anything from her. But I can try with Mikheil.

I watched him as he gave a tip to the valet and got in a sleek BMW. I drove after him until he stopped at a bar and parked my car. After waiting for a few minutes, I walked inside the bar.

I didn't pay attention to my surroundings as my eyes went to Mikheil, sitting alone at the bar and scrolling through his phone. Taking a deep breath, I walked towards the bar and sat on the stool a few seats away from him.

"Excuse me?" I called out to the bartender. "Can I have a... Sazerac?"

It was one of the strongest drinks to get at a bar and it's something people don't normally drink this early. I learned a lot about drinks in the past week and I said this one on purpose, knowing it will get everyone's attention.

Especially of the guy sitting a few seats away from me.

"Don't you think it's too early for it?" The bartender questioned, and I gave him a shrug.

"It's been a tough day." From the corner of my eye, I saw Mikheil peeking at me and he frowned when he recognized me.

"Isabella?" I turned my head at his voice and acted oblivious.