Shade 55 ~ Lies

After Mikheil left, the group gathered in the dining area for breakfast. Rachel joined us, but remained quiet. Everyone was curious about her conversation with Mikheil, and they asked her what they talked about. Rachel replied it was just a casual catch-up, but the odd glances from everyone suggested they didn't quite believe her.

The topic then shifted to the USB. The group turned to me and asked if I knew anything about it. I decided to lie and told them I had no idea and that they should ask Hunter instead. I hoped my lie would buy me some time to figure out what to do next.

After lunch, everyone went back to their respective rooms, and I made a protein shake for Hunter. Knowing it's the first thing he drinks every morning, I wanted to do something nice for him. I quietly entered his room, which was still dark. As I turned on the stand lamp, I was startled to see Hunter half-sitting on the bed.

"Fuck, you scared me." I placed my hand on my racing heart as I walked towards him. "Good to see you're awake."

"How long have I slept for?" He asked, rubbing his tired face.

"Around seven hours."

"That's a lot I slept in years." He scoffed.

"Here." I extended the protein shake as I sat next to him.

His brows shot up in surprise as he took it and side-glanced at me. "How did you know the ingredients?"

"I see you make it every day." I shrugged.

"I didn't know notice this much." He gave me a coy smirk.

"Just drink it." I rolled my eyes. "Even your injuries can't stop you from being ironic."

"Although I haven't been beaten this bad in a long time, this isn't my first time being injured." He chuckled. "And probably won't be the last."

"Then make it the last." I snapped and held the tears that were building in my eyes as his unconscious body from last night flashed in my head. "I don't want to see like that ever again." My voice came out as a whisper and a tear slid down my cheek, even though I tried my best to stop it.

"Bella..." His eyes widened, and he placed his free hand on my cheek. "Don't cry." He wiped the tear with his thumb. "Please."

"Then promise me you'll stop fighting, Hunter." I took his hand off my cheek and gripped it tightly. "Look for something else like... Like a be model." His brows shot up in surprise. "I mean with your face and body you could or... You could be a trainer too. Dunwoody has no gym for training self-defense you could open on and I can bet it will run like a rocket-"

"Bella." He whispered in a calm tone that made me slam my mouth. "I won't fight anymore if that's what you're worried about because after last night, I don't think Watson will allow that anyway."

"Why did you say it won't be the last?" I sniffed, very unladylike.

"Because there might be a time when I would need to fight again." He looked deep into my eyes and I understood what he was talking about.

Ryan.

Speaking of him...

"Mikheil came here earlier, and it was a disaster but..." I extended the USB in front of him. "He told me to give this to you."

He curled my fingers around it. "Keep it. It's yours."

"What's in this Hunter?" I had a feeling what was in it but I needed to hear it from him.

"I asked Mikheil to make videos of whatever happens in his porn house."

"You asked, and he obliged?" I arched my brow at which he smirked.

My Shades of Grayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें