Shade 59 ~ Riley

I halted in my tracks, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Hunter standing there. His wide eyes drifted over my body from head to toe.

"Bella." His voice filled with misery and I ran into his arms.

"Hunter." I sobbed as I buried myself in him.

"I'm going to kill him." He growled, wrapping his arms around me.

He's here to save me.

I'm saved.

I-

"Well, well, well..." I flinched at the voice as he descended the stairs and, with each step, he clapped. "Look who is here."

Hunter's arms around me tightened before he loose them and he swiftly yanked my arm, pushing me behind him. He stood in front of me like a shield as I heard Ryan's steps stop.

"Hunter Armstrong." He let out a humorless laugh. "Our knight in shining armor."

"Let her go, Ryan, and we'll do this man-to-man."

"I would have gladly accepted the offer, but." My body went stiff when I heard a metal cling. "You're not the one I'm interested in."

I peeked through Hunter's shoulder and a gasp left my lips when I saw him aiming his gun at Hunter.

"She's not Riley," Hunter mumbled as he took a step towards him.

"Don't you think I know that?" He scoffed.

"Then why are you after her?"

"She knows too much." He shrugged. "I've been through hell to get myself this luxury, and I'm not letting her take it away from me."

"If you let her go. She won't tell anyone." Hunter continued with his cautious steps as he distracted him.

"How stupid do you think I am?" He scowled.

"Stupid enough to mess with her." Hunter lurched at him and twisted his wrist.

Ryan yelled in pain and dropped the gun. Hunter kicked it away from his reach, and Ryan jabbed a punch into his stomach. I watched in horror as they both punched and kicked each other.

If it was some other day, Hunter would have beaten the shit out of him, but because of his recent injuries, he was weak.

I looked around to help him out, and my eyes went to the gun. Gulping, I took my steps towards it and picked it up. The gun felt like ice in my hand, which was shaking furiously.

My head whirled toward Hunter's groan. Ryan had punched him in his wounds. My body shook as I held the cold metal gun in my hands and tried to aim at Ryan. It was difficult, as they kept moving so fast.

Hunter blew Ryan's jaw and he lost his balance, falling on the glass table with a crash. He stopped moving, and Hunter's eyes darted toward me.

"Bella." He held his hand out as he lumbered towards me. "Put the gun down, please."

My insides ached at the sight of him all in blood again. He didn't even have the time to recover, and got into another fight.

"Hunter." I whimpered as I lowered the gun. "I'm sorry."

He had a small smile on his face. "It's al-"

He froze in his position and his eyes turned dull. Horror took over me when he fell to his knees and Ryan stood behind him with a huge shard of glass covered in blood.

"You're interrupting us." Ryan pushed Hunter to the side, and he fell on the floor unconscious.

No, no, this can't be happening.