Shade 14 ~ Friday

After Caroline left me, I couldn't sleep all night and felt ashamed that she and Hunter saw my embarrassing episode. As soon as I saw a shimmer of the sun rising in the sky through my window, I fled from the house without making a noise.

I wasn't ready to face Caroline or Hunter this early in the morning.

The classes flew by and I was at the coffee shop for my shift. Terry told me that a lot of customers praised my coffee and the manager was happy about it as well.

It felt good that I was finally being useful somewhere. I tried to ignore whatever was going on in my life with my sister and focus on the present, but it was hard since everything came back haunting me.

I kept myself busy the whole day, and it was around evening when I was serving a customer and heard the bell chime. I didn't pay attention to it as I was making coffee for the customer.

When I finished, I turned towards the bar and saw Hunter sitting next to the customer.

Shit, I forgot it's Friday!

Blush crept on my cheeks when the memories from yesterday flash back in my brain and I ducked my head passing the customer his drink.

I looked around for Terry to take care of Hunter, but she was busy serving the booths.

Guess it's up to me.

Taking a deep breath, I turned my head towards him, and all the fuzziness I was feeling a second ago vanished when I saw him grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"What can I get you, sir?" I asked in a honey tone.

"The usual." He said, placing his elbow on the bar and plopped his chin on his hand.

Pressing my lips tightly at his casual behavior, I nodded my head and walked to the coffee machine to make his cappuccino. I wondered if he was going to say anything about last night.

My body warmed up when I recalled how good I felt in his arms. It was stupid of me to think of something from an asshole like him, but... I didn't know why, but I wanted him to wrap his arms around me like that again-

Hold up, Isabella!

I shook my head and concentrated on his coffee. The last time I made him a skeleton face, but this time after he helped me calm down, I couldn't make that again. Instead, I made him a smiley face.

He chuckled lightly when I placed the cup in front of him and peeked at me. "The skeleton wasn't scary, but this is."

My face turned into a scowl and I glanced at the smiley face. It was a cute, cheerful face, but I forgot a bonehead like him wouldn't understand it.

"Be careful..." I leaned towards him and whispered. "Beneath this smile, I might have poisoned it."

His lips stretched into a smirk. "I can bet the poison given from your hands will also taste like honey."

My eyes widened, and my ears burned at his bluntly flirting. I wondered where he learned these skills from. From the satisfying look on his face, I knew he was aware of how he and his words always affect me.

"Excuse me, miss?" I looked away from his alluring gaze when a woman called me out at the cake section.

I thanked God and walked away from snickering Hunter. I wanted to wipe that smug look from his face, but I was too stunned to even reply to him.

"Yes, Ma'am." I greeted the lady. "How can I help you?" She asked for a list of things and I packed them for her. "Here you go. Your Croissants, Cinnamon rolls, and Cookies."