Shade 42 ~ Motorcycle

I bid Davis farewell as I walked towards my car. Yawning, I turned the ignition on and drove towards the highway. I tried to sneak to the back door again, but it got crowded as the time passed and before I knew it, my time was up.

I planned on going to Backside again tomorrow and was driving towards Dunwoody. I didn’t pay attention to my car, but I should have. My car came to a halt in the middle of the highway and it was out of gas.

Cursing my luck, I took my phone out to call an Uber, but I knew it would be impossible to get something here.

I looked around, and there was nothing but the empty road. I scrolled through my phone and looked at Colton’s number. It was four in the morning and I knew he must be sleeping, but a girl could hope.

The call rang for a few seconds before it went to voice mail again. I dialed him a few times, but he didn’t pick up. I tried Caroline’s and Scarlett's too, but they didn’t pick either.

I glanced at the time again and knew Hunter must be up since he’s an early bird, but to my dismay, I didn’t have his number. Groaning in frustration, I threw my phone on the passenger seat and gripped my hair.

What the fuck am I going to do now?!

After staying like that for a few minutes, I heard an engine roar. I looked in the side mirror and saw a light coming towards me. As it got closer, I realized it was a motorcycle.

Should I get out and ask for help?

He could be a serial killer.

But I don’t have another option.

I bit my lip as I debated in my head and ducked my head when the bike came closer.

I’ll stay here instead of riding with a stranger.

I heard the bike stopping next to my car, and a knock came on the window. I squeezed my eyes shut and didn’t move, thinking whoever it was would go away, assuming I was either sleeping or dead.

The knock came again, and my body tensed when he said.

“Bella?”

I deliberately turned my head towards the window and saw Hunter crouching his head.

I rolled down the window, and the chilly breeze blew. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” He retorted.

“I... Uh... I was feeling sleepy, so I took a break.” As soon as the words left my mouth, I realized how stupid they were.

“You’re taking a nap in the middle of the highway at this hour?” He tilted his head and gosh, he looked so damn cute.

“I-“ I cleared my throat and looked ahead. “Uh...”

“Did your car break?” He asked, and I sighed, turning towards him again.

“Out of gas.” He pressed his lips, trying to surpass his grin, and I rolled my eyes. “Ha ha, laugh at others’ misery.”

“Want a ride?”

“On your bike?” I peeked at his Yamaha motorcycle, which was a darker shade, and I guessed it was black. I had no idea of the model but it looked expensive.

“Yes, Bella. On my bike.” He coughed his laugh and looked at me with his twinkling eyes. “Or do you have something else on your mind?”

“Get your head out of the gutter,” I grumbled and was glad it was dark so he couldn’t see my blush.