Shade 5 ~ Mingle

After my first day at work, when I reached home, it was empty. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat and saw a note on the refrigerator.

To Isabella,
I've made dinner for you.
Just heat it.
- Callie.

A smile took over my face when I read it and warmed the container in the microwave. Caroline was trying to be a good housemate, and I was just shutting her off. I should do something for her in return.

After eating, I took a long bath and went to my room. I sketched for a few hours, then lay on my bed around midnight. There was a deafening sound in the house, and I wondered where everyone was this late at night.

In the morning when I went downstairs, I heard voices from the kitchen. Everyone was sitting at the dining table and they ceased talking when they saw me.

Ok... Awkward.

"Morning," I murmured.

"Good morning sunshine!" Colton gave me a toothy grin.

"I'm glad you found my note." Caroline smiled and patted the seat next to her. "How was the dinner?"

"It was good," I answered, taking the seat.

Again there was silence and everyone gave each other side glances. Maybe I should have stayed in my room.

"There's a party in some nearby college fart house tonight," Colton said, breaking the silence. "We're planning to go there. Would you like to come with us?"

"Uh..." I glimpsed around the table and saw everyone watching me.

I'll be spending two years with them and I can't isolate myself. I shouldn't be, but last night being alone in this huge house kind of bothered me.

"It'll be fun," Caroline sang and blinked her eyes at me as she waited for my answer.

"Alright." I nodded.

Let's mingle.

Reading the lipstick shades' names on the bottom, I picked the pink one and dabbed it on my lips

Reading the lipstick shades' names on the bottom, I picked the pink one and dabbed it on my lips. I didn't have party-type clothes, so I wore a maroon half sleeves button shirt with black pants. I knotted the front ends to make it look a little more casual.

Parting my hair from the middle, I combed them and applied a little blush on my cheeks and mascara on my eyelashes. Satisfied with my decent look, I descended the stairs and heard a loud horn from outside.

Caroline opened the front door and screamed. "We're coming!"

"You're here on time." I turned toward Colton's voice and saw him sitting on the couch in the living room with a lazy smile on his face. "And you look pretty."

"Thank you," I whispered, tucking my hair behind my ear and suddenly felt shy under his gaze.

Honestly, this was the first time a guy complimented me apart from my dad and brother.