Shade 21 ~ Tattoos

"That was so fucking close!" Colton exclaimed as he burst into Hunter's room in the arena.

"Shit, you look bad!" Rachel dashed towards him and crouched to his side on the couch.

"I thought he was going to die- OPH!" Rio winced when Scarlett elbowed his side.

"Don't utter nonsense!" She scolded him.

"We need to do something for those injuries." Caroline ran towards the table and got the first aid kit.

I leaned on the wall next to the door and watched as everyone did their thing. My eyes went to Hunter, who was holding a cold compress on his face, and saw Rachel examining his damage, but his eyes were on me.

His intense gaze still makes me edgy, like he's trying to dig into my soul and searching for the deepest, darkest secrets that I hide from the world. Maybe if I try to be nice to him and become his friend, it'll solve my problems.

Since he said it himself that he wants to be friends, I should consider it. That way, his attention will get diverted from whatever he's trying to find in me, and he can also help me with what I want.

Because that's what friends do. They help each other.

"We need to put these on your wounds," Caroline said, taking the creams and medicine out of the first aid kit. "And take painkillers too."

"I'm fine. Can you guys stop being nosy?" He sighed in frustration. "I already took the painkillers. It's not like this is my first time."

"But you haven't gotten beaten like shit for a very long time." Rio pointed, making him scowl.

"I know right." Colton jammed his hands in his pockets. "I almost lost hope and then..." He trailed off and side-glanced at me.

"This is all Watson's fault." Scarlett crossed her arms. "That bastard must be laughing his ass off right now."

"Be alert with what you say." Rachel squinted her eyes at her. "He can come here anytime."

"I don't think he's going to come here tonight." Colton looked at Hunter. "He did what he wanted."

"Now come on, Hunter." Caroline extended the medicines. "You need these."

"I'll do it myself." Hunter groaned.

"You can't do it by yourself." Rachel opened her mouth, but I beat her to it. "I'll-"

"I can help with the bandage."

They all whirled their heads toward me in shock. I knew it was a bold move, but I needed to begin my plan without wasting another second.

Hunter's eyes narrowed at me while others gave me curious glances.

"That's a great idea!" Caroline beamed out of the blue and put the medicines on the table in front of the couch. "These are the ones you'll need."

"Um... Ok." My brows dipped when she instructed me, like she was going somewhere else.

"Isabella can take over from here," Scarlett said as she dragged Rio towards the door. "We should go before it gets crowded in the parking lot,"

"Wait-what-"

"Exactly." Colton agreed with them and gestured for Rachel to get up. "Let's go."

"What?" She frowned. "I'm not leaving him."

"Yes, you are!" Caroline yanked her arm. "Isabella will take good care of him."

"Here!" I turned at Colton's voice and he threw something at me. I caught it out of instinct and saw it was his car keys. "We'll go in Rio's car. You can drive Hunter in mine."