Shade 22 ~ Pro

Yawning, I stood in the kitchen making coffee in the morning. It was way too early to be up, and even Hunter was not up yet.

After coming home last night, I woke Hunter up, and we went inside the house. Without saying a word, he got in his room and I went to mine, knowing I couldn't ask him anything this late at night.

I only slept for two hours and woke up early, thinking Hunter would be up for his workout or whatever the hell he does every morning. But I haven't heard a single noise coming from his room.

Not that I was listening with my ear on his door... Ok maybe I had, but no one needs to know that.

"Isabella?" I spun my head at the voice to see Caroline descending the stairs.

"Morning."

"It's too early for a morning for me." She yawned, looking at the wall clock, which showed around five in the morning. "I went to pee and heard noises coming from downstairs, so I came to check up."

"Sorry to disturb you."

"Don't worry about me, but why are you up so early on a Saturday? Do you have an extra class or something?"

"No... I just couldn't sleep." I tried to hold the yawn that was erupting. "And I'm making coffee."

"For who?" She asked, peeking at the two cups.

"Hunter and me," I replied, and her brows shot up. "I-I mean, he also wakes up early, so I thought-" I slammed my mouth shut when her lips stretched into an amused grin.

"What exactly happened between you two last night?"

"Nothing." I ducked my head, hiding my blush. "It's not what you think."

"Oh, really." She hopped on the counter with a smirk. "Then what happened?"

I told her I patched him up, and he was asleep while I drove us to the house and ended the story.

She tilted her head as she observed me with her mischievous gaze. There was definitely something going on in her head and I begged God internally that she didn't realize my unwanted interest in him.

"Why are you making coffee for Hunter?"

"I felt bad for him getting beat up, so I thought of making something he likes." I tried to sound convincing so she wouldn't think something else was up.

"Uh-huh."

"But it was a waste of time since he's not up yet."

"Oh, he's up." She said, hopping off the counter.

"What?" I frowned. "How do you know?"

"Hunter is a morning person." She shrugged and walked up the stairs, saying. "And I need to pee."

I poured coffee for Hunter and stood outside his door, wondering if I should knock or not. After a few minutes of debate, I gathered the courage and knocked on the door softly.

There was no movement for a few seconds and I backed away, thinking he was still asleep. I was halfway turning around when the door creaked open and Hunter, with his brows knitted in confusion, came into view.

He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands and then darted them between my face and the coffee cup in my hand. I opened my mouth and suddenly I forgot how to speak.

"What?" He asked, crossing his arms, and that's when I got my senses back.

"I made you coffee." I extended the cup in front of him and gulped in nervousness. My hand was shaking a little, and I prayed he didn't notice that.