Shade 60 ~ Epilogue

Few months later

“I never imagined our first date to be in the middle of the night at a graveyard,” Hunter grumbled, making me burst out laughing.

“It’s a unique idea.” I winked and pulled the cork away from the champagne bottle.

It opened with a pop, and I quickly poured it into two glasses.

“I have a feeling we’ll have some company.” He grumbled, looking around the deserted cemetery.

“Are you afraid of ghosts?” I teased him.

“I’m afraid of nothing.” He mumbled and held his hand over the candle when the wind blew to prevent it from going out.

A few months ago, after putting an end to Ryan, I had to attend the hearing for the case. With the help of Officer Johnson, we presented all the evidence we gathered on Ryan.

Ryan’s picture from Riley’s phone, the porn videos Colton saved on the USB, the Horny Club website, the server room in the club, the videos Mikheil recorded in a USB, the ones Ryan had saved on his computer, and the one he was making of me when he captured me. 

My alibis were Mikheil, Rachel, Hannah, and Blakeley. Blakeley and Mikheil voluntarily helped me. Rachel did it for Hunter and Hannah because Hunter threatened him.

Hannah was so afraid of what her husband might think, but he was a nice guy and he only supported his wife to get her justice.

Officer Johnson also put the case forward of the unknown dead body they found eight years ago, which was of Ryan’s roommate. She showed all the records of illegal weapon trading Hunter got his hands on.

Pulling the trigger on Ryan was considered an act of self-defense and the case was closed, announcing him a murderer, nonconsensual pornographer, and abuser.

The higher authority blocked his website and, as for his club, Mick somehow took over it. The news went viral and all our neighborhood and family visited my house for solace.

A month went by like that with Hunter admitted to Johns Creek Hospital and I stayed at my parents’ house until his recovery with the gang.

None of them had classes to go to, and Colton took his online. I skipped my semester. Knowing I almost failed all my subjects, and decided to take the fall semester with everyone else. 

It was weird to see everyone in my house, but I got used to it. I didn’t feel the fear of being in Riley’s room anymore and with the help of everyone we emptied her room. Mom was sad, but she knew it was time to let her go. She also became close with Caroline, saying Matteo was right. Caroline did remind us of Riley. 

When the hospital finally discharged Hunter, we came back to Dunwoody and everyone went back to their normal routine. 

Scarlett and Rio continued with their tattoo shop. Colton graduated from Perimeter College and like he said, he got a job in a top-notch tech company in Atlanta. Caroline also pursued her dreams and got into the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. It was almost two hours away from Colton but he had no issues with long distance. He said he can survive two hours of distance and since most of his work will be remote, he’ll visit her.

As for Rachel, she began working in a salon as a makeup artist. She apologized to Hunter for not telling him what she did and how she was with him and the other men. Hunter dismissed it saying they were just friends with benefits, so he had no right to be mad. 

I also got my job back at the Coffee shop with Terry. She asked me zillions of questions about why I left and what happened, which I vaguely answered, saying I left because of studies and I came back because I needed money.