7.14

Shaolin's unique skill of crossing the river with a reed is the top light skill in the world. Miao Zhen practiced crossing the river with a reed to great perfection, and he could walk without making any sound on weekdays.

He was confident that neither Shengshan nor Doctor Po would hear his footsteps.

So what Sheng Shan said in the room just now was definitely not meant for him, because he didn't even know that Miao Zhen was here.

Miao Zhen originally planned to come over to check on Shengshan's condition. After overhearing his words, Miao Zhen took back his hand that was about to knock on the door.

He quietly returned to the guest room, and the little centipede who was responsible for leading the way went to make medicine again. The guest room was quiet, except for the faint chirping of insects and birds in the forest.

Miao Zhen sat on the wooden chair, holding the teacup in his hand and taking a sip absentmindedly. All I was thinking about were the things I had just done.

People who practice martial arts have good hearing. Miao Zhen didn't hear what they said at first.

He only heard Shengshan say that he was a good person and wanted to protect him.

Then he knelt down with a bang and began to swear poisonous oaths. He said that he truly loved him and vowed to protect him for the rest of his life.

Miao Zhen drank cup after cup of tea, and his confusion made him uneasy.

People in Shaolin practice hard meditation, and Miao Zhen grew up there since he was a child, devoted to the Buddha. In his understanding, he was born to be the Ancient Buddha of Qingdeng, and should not have any distracting thoughts about the seven emotions and six desires.

Miao Zhen is a monk with low Buddha nature. Other monks stay in the temple all year round. He likes to go out. People who need help often cannot afford to come to Shaolin for help. Miao Zhen traveled around, firstly to gain knowledge, and secondly to save more people along the way.

Sacrifice yourself and dedicate yourself to others, this is what Miao Zhen was taught.

Whether he was kind to Shengshan who wanted to assassinate him, or he was willing to use his body to help Shengshan in exchange for the antidote, it was all based on his instincts formed over many years.

Even if it were anyone else, Miao Zhen would do the same.

He quietly looked at the tea in the cup. The moist wind blew in through the open window, causing ripples to appear on the tea.

Miao Zhen held the rosary in one hand and the puppy jade pendant bought in Dengfeng Town in the other.

Shengshan's words made him feel inexplicable emotions.

When Miao Zhen was a child, Shaolin encountered a catastrophe. All the young monks of Miao Zi generation were captured and killed, leaving only him alive.

He saw with his own eyes that his brothers were pierced by iron spikes and ground into pulp by stone mills. There were splatters of blood and broken rosary beads everywhere. The little monk's screams had frightened him completely.

He was too young at the time to see the men in black as gangsters, and only thought of them as evil spirits.

After that, Miao Zhen started to be afraid of ghosts. When he heard about ghosts, he thought of that desperate night.

When he was first rescued by the abbot and returned to Shaolin, Miao Zhen's life was not easy.

Everyone died, but he survived unharmed. Many people are speculating why the gangsters let him go, and some rumors gradually emerged in the temple. It is said that Miaozhen revealed the reason why the bad guys figured out Shaolin's defense situation. Now he is a childish person, but he might become a spy in the future.