Chapter 34

"Olivia."
"Janet."
"Hi." She says as she plays with her curly blonde hair.
"You look beautiful." I say looking down after saying that.
"Thanks , do you mind if I sit on the swing beside you?" She asks smiling at me. I saw her beautiful pearly white teeth again.
"Of course." I say.
"You've changed." She says.
"For better or worse?" I ask her.
"Better." She smiles at me and grabs my hand.
"I wish you would have never left." I say.
"I never wanted to leave." She says.
"I know." I say.
"I missed you." She says.
"I missed you too." I say.
"How have you been?" She asks .
"Okay and you?"
"It was horrible the first year without the girl I loved." She says.
"Same here." I say.
She stares at me and I could see her green eyes again that are as beautiful as the grass on a summer day. I could finally see how much she has grown up.
"You look gorgeous." She says.
"So do you." I say smiling.
"There is that smile I missed." She says. I smile even more. I got off my swing and pulled her off of hers to get a hug.
She embraced me like a child that hasn't seen their mom in days. It was just like the old times. The days I'd just embrace her for minutes on end forgetting the world and the days I fell in love with her. She let go a bit but instead of leaving my arms she left me breathless by grabbing my face and kissing me. Janet was kissing me. The kiss I longed for since 5th grade. I was so speechless I didn't do anything. I was with Luke and had long forgotten about Janet but yet her she was kissing me. She pulled away a minute later. "Sorry." She says letting go. She starts to walk away.
"How about we exchange phone numbers and catch up?" I ask.
"Sure." She says walking back handing me her phone and I hand her my phone. We exchange phone numbers and walk away from each other like nothing ever happened.