Chapter 78

I wake up, my eyes fluttering. A window is open and the light is blinding. I hear beeps and see Luke, Ashton,Liz,my mom and sister.

"How does this just happen?" My sister asks my mom crying on her. My head feels cold and empty. The top of  me is cold and I see a white and blue dress on me.I look at my hands. They are as white as snow.

"M-mom?" My voices cracks.

"Olivia." She says running to my side. She grabs my left hand and Luke grabs my right. My sister is at the edge of the bed and so is Ashton and Liz.

"H-hi."

"Are you okay? " she asks.

"I feel sick and cold. Where am I?" I ask her.

"You're in the hospital sweetie. Luke get the nurse. Tell her she's finally awake but feels sick." My mom says. My sister rushing out with Luke.

"Mom? I'm in the hospital?" I ask her.

"Yes sweetie, we'll explain later." She says.

"Why can't you explain now?"I ask her. My voice starts to hurt more.

"You'll need time." She says. Luke and my sister come into the room with a nurse. She had black medium lengthen hair, looked in her early 20's, beautiful baby face, lots of curves, and wearing all blue. She had blue scrubs,blue fingernails, blue eyeliner, blue eyes and blue shoes.

"Do you know your name? How old you are? Do you know who everyone in this room is? Do you know where you are?" The beautiful nurse asks me.

"My name is Olivia, I'm 18 years old. Ashton, Liz, Luke, my mom and my sister are in this room and this is a hospital." I say looking up at her.

"Good, good. Your memory wasn't all lost at least." She says.

"I have a question?" I ask her.

"Yes, love." She says.

"All those blurbs of memories I had. Was I in a coma?" I ask her. My head pounding now. I couldn't have been. Why would I ask that?

"Yes, You were. For a month actually." She says. She goes to the corner of the room and pours a cup of water. She walks back over and hands it to me.

"Thank you. Was I really out that long? Why was i in a coma?" I ask her sipping my water.

"One question at a time."

"Was I really out that long?" I ask her.

"Yes, an exact month. It's September now." She says .

"Why was I in a coma?" I ask her.

"Why don't actually understand that part. Do you need anything before I leave?" She asks me.

"Yes, may I have some headache medicine?" I ask her.

"Of course. Anything else love?" She asks.

"I'd love to know why I'm in here but I'll wait until my medicine." I say taking the last small sip of my water.

"Okay, I'll be right back." She says walking out of the room.

"I'm glad you're back beautiful." Luke says to me kissing my cheek.

"Hi." I say to him. My mom hands my sister two dollars to go to the snack machines or downstairs. My sister gladly takes it and walks out of the room. A few moments later, the beautiful nurse comes back in giving me another cup of water but with ice in it and two pills.

"Take these." She says. I pop them in my mouth and swallow with the water.

"Can I know why I am in the hospital now?" I ask her.

"Of course." She says.

"Good." I say.

"You're in here because Luke had noticed your hair was falling out. He told his mother and his mother contacted your family. By the time your family came here, you had passed out and not woken up. They checked you in here the first of August and we ran some tests. You have breast cancer Olivia." She says.

"My hair is falling out?" I ask her feeling my head. I remove my hand and see a few strands of my black hair on my hand.

"Yes, we are still finishing up our tests but we couldn't treat you while you were in a coma so now we can." She says.

"Treat me?"

"Yes, chemotherapy preferably." She says nodding.

"How long until I'll be normal again?" I ask her.

"We don't know until we start the treatment and see your reaction to it." She says.

"Can I get some more water and alone time to process this?" I ask her.

"Of course. After I get her water, shall we talk about her treatment?" The nurse asked my mother. My mom nodded before the nurse walked out of the room. How? How did I get breast cancer?

All kinds of questions were running through my mind but I waited. I waited until I got my water and until everyone leaves me room to scream.