Chapter 55

"Oh." She says looking down as her nails were almost done.

"Yeah but I think we're still together." I say looking at her.

"Have you asked him?" She asks me getting up to go get her nails dried and mine are done so I walk and sit by her.

"No." I say putting my nails in the drying machine.

"You should." She says.

"Yeah." I say.
Complete silence filled the room.
After our nails were done drying, we walked up to the cashier and paid for our manicures.

"Where to next?" I ask Liz  as we walk out of the nail parlor.

" Maybe a restaurant?" She asks unlocking the impala.

"I'd like that." I say getting in the car and buckling up while Liz starts the car.

"Italian alright?" She asks me pulling into the straightaway.

"Fine with me." I say looking outside.

"So, how do you feel about Luke?" Liz asks.

"I love him."

"In your terms describe your love for him."

"Every time I'm around him my stomach has butterflies and I'm happy and without him I feel like half of a heart. When we kiss, I feel fireworks. Every day I feel like I'm falling for him more and more. I'd do anything for him. Any way to show my love and affection for him." I say looking at her.

"He feels the same way about you."

"How do you know?"

"What you just described is close to how he described it when I asked him."

"Oh."

"Yep."

Complete silence again.

"When did you ask him this?"

"A bit before you arrived at the hospital."

"Interesting."

Liz pulls into a East side pizza place and parks the car exactly 3 rows away from the restaurant.We both unbuckle and step out of the car heading into the place. When we enter, we wait maybe 5 minutes before getting a table and ordering our drinks.

"What are you going to get?" I ask Liz flipping through the 6 pages they have in the menu.

"Maybe a small  pepperoni pizza with a small salad. What are you going to order?" She asks me closing her menu.

"Maybe a small cheese pizza and a salad too." I say. I close the menu and sip on my sweet tea.

"What's your favorite book?" She asks sipping on her coffee.

"Storm , paper towns and looking for Alaska." I say.

"Those are really good books." She says before the waitress comes over. We order our food and play on our phones for maybe 10 minutes.
The whole time I was texted Luke.

The waitress returned 15 minutes later with our food and we ate in silence before the check came.