Chapter 56

We paid the bill and left. Liz unlocked the car and we both got in. She started it up before turning to me asking where to next.

"Can we go to Walmart or target so I can get Luke something?" I ask.

"Course what are you planning to get 'em?" She asked.

"I'm not quite sure. I'm thinking maybe another plaid shirt?" I ask her.

"Sounds good."

"Yeah."

She pulls into the Target  parking lot and parked in the second section of the lot.
We get out and walk in together with me getting a cart.

"So a plaid shirt? Just that?" She asks.

"I'm not sure. Why?" I say pushing the cart into the men's clothes section.

"Get him this one." She says walking over to a blue and black stripped one.

"I like it. How much?"

"$7.50."

"Get the green and black stripped one beside it too." I say. Liz grabs both and puts them in the cart.

"They are the right size right?"

"Yes."

We push the cart around a bit before stopping in the cd section.

"Get him this blink-182 cd and this nirvana one. They both are only $5.00." She says holding them.

"I know he doesn't have them."

"Okay but them in the cart." I say as she places the MTV nirvana unplugged cd into the card along with the Take off your pants and Jacket blink-182 cd.

"So $25.00 but probably $30 with tax. Correct?" I ask her because the tax in Australia can range.

"Yes." She says. I push the card up to the cashier and place the items on the belt as she scans one by one.

"$30.00." She says beg I hand her the money and put the bag on my wrist while she hands me the receipt. I push the card into another and walk out the door with Liz.

"Is it okay if I give this to him when we go back to the hospital?" I ask getting into the Impala.

"Of course sweetie." She says starting up the impala as I put the bag on my lap after I buckle up.

"I think he'll like it." I say.

"He will."

We sit in the car the radio lightly playing issues mad at myself and bring me the horizon's follow you.

When we pull up to the hospital parking lot, Liz pulls up to the front and drops me off before going to the third row and fourth spot.
I walk in and go into the elevator taking me to the 3rd floor when I get out I go room 345. I walk into the room where Luke was just sitting up watching Family guy.

"Hi." I say walking over to him putting the bag behind my back and kissing his cheek.

"Hi babe." He says.

"I have something for you." I say putting the bag in his lap. He opens up the bag and takes out the two plaid shirts feeling how nice and warm they are and picking up the albums.

"Thanks princess." He says leaning over and kissing my cheek before putting everything back in the bag.

"I love it." He says smiling at me before placing the bag on his bedside table.

"Good." I say.

"Come here." He says opening up his arms. I climb into bed beside him and kiss him my kiss being slow and full of lust. He kisses back, his kiss being tender and passionate.

"Uh hum." Liz says from the other side of the room.

"Oh hi." We both say.