Chapter 42

"Luke, have you ever had mixed feelings for someone?" I ask snuggling up into his chest looking up.
"Well, yeah. Why?" He asks rubbing my head.
"Well I feel like I have some sort of feelings toward Janet but I'm not sure." I say.
"Well go and see her." Luke says.
"Uh yeah, I should." I say. I grab my phone and small leather purse.
I walk out the door calling Janet.
"Ring,ring, ring, Hello?" I Heston the other line.
"Hey,Janet. Do you want to meet up somewhere?" I ask.
"Uh,yeah. How about the park in 10 minutes?" She asks.
"I'm fine with that. Thanks. See you then." I say.
"Bye, see you soon." Janet says before hanging up.
I walk toward the coffee shop that's on 34 street only 2 streets away from the park.I order a medium vanilla latte and a medium cotton candy frappe for Janet.
When I get the latte and frappe, I walk to the park. I find Janet sitting on one of the swings leaving the one beside her empty. I walk up to the swing and hand Janet her frappe.
"Thanks, you remembered I liked cotton candy frappes." Janet said looking at me smiling before sipping it.
"Of course I did. You always asked your mom to get it for you." I say sipping my vanilla latte.
"What do you want to talk about?" Janet asks.
"Well I want to find out my feelings for you..."I say looking down not finishing my sentence.
"But you have to like kiss me." Janet says.
"Yes." I say looking at her.
"Do you want me to kiss you?" She asks finishing up her frappe and throwing the cup away.
"Yes." I say.
"Okay." She says walking over to me.
"Okay." I say looking into her eyes.
I get up just as she wraps her arms around my waist.
"Ready?" She asks.
"I'm ready." I say before she leans in to kiss me. Meet lips are soft and so was the kiss. It was slow, soft and passionate. It felt like the world just stopped when she kissed me. Her lips taste of cotton candy and mint. I wrap my arms around her neck pulling her closer to me. I felt a spark. A spark like a fireplace lighting up. She pulled away.
"How was that?" She asked.
"Amazing." I say.
"Did it help you?"she asked letting go of my waist but grabs my hands.
"Very much so." I say blushing.
"So?" She asks.
"I've gathered that I still like you but I have Luke." I say.
"Well if anything happens just know I'll always be here for you. I know I said that when we were younger before I left but I will always be here." She says kissing my cheek.
"Thanks." I say kissing her soft lips again.Just a small peck.
"Well I have to go babe." Janet says.
"Bye." I say hugging her.
"Bye beautiful." She says before she pulls away from the hug and leaves.