Chapter 32

Three days have gone by and we're still avoiding each other. Shin have always been hanging around her and even here in the mansion, he kept following her wherever she goes as if she's a kid needing extra attention or something.

Although I do not actually know what the main reason for this, I would be lying if I say I'm not getting a little jealous about it. I mean, I knew of course that they're both childhood friends but... I felt like Jo Eun's slowly drifting apart from me because of him.

##################

*Ja Hoon's POV*

December 9.

Our class usually starts at around 7 am but since there was a snowstorm the past few days, especially yesterday, which is supposed to be our Christmas party, all school events have been cancelled. They announced it by email this 7th of December and told us that the preparation for the school events should immediately be done this day but just looking at myself now, for three days, I can't get enough of sleep.

The things that've happened earlier kept me awake until sunrise for almost every single day ever since that particular thing took place. Yesterday, I wasn't able to sleep until 3 am. Then now, it's already 5:15 am and I still had my eyes wide open.

***Flashback***

"너 바보야! 너 바보야~! (you're stupid, you're stupid)", Jo Eun started shouting at me, her voice cracking as she cries while hitting me on the chest as hard as she can, and as hard as she has to for Shin.

He looked so beaten up while unconsciously lying on the floor with his face almost covered with blood. Although I didn't wanted any of this to happen, Shin forced me to. I'm just playing my part.

"Look, please! it's not what you thin—"

PAK!

The sound of her palm colliding into my cheek almost echoed because of the impact. Jio hyung even turned his head after hearing it.

"I don't know y-you anymore, Kimja. You told me...", she paused, cleaning off the uncontrollable tears that kept on rolling down her cheeks.

". . . S-tarting from now on, don't ever c-all me by my name. If-If something bad happens to Shin, just forget that you me-t me."

***End of Flashback***

5:40 am.

Because I couldn't do anything other than staring into the ceiling since the past few hours, I decided to just do something so not to get myself bored and at the same time, keep me from overthinking.

I stood up sighing heavily to myself. Walking straight towards my closet, I weakly grab my towel and some outfit to wear for school. I'm pretty early to have a bath, I know. But I felt like it'd be better if I leave the mansion earlier than anyone else here. That way, I won't be worrying about seeing those two persons in the hallway.

- - - -

*Minutes later...

At around 6 am, I'm already off to school, walking in the busy streets of our community. It was a little lonesome only having myself, and only myself as a companion. Back then, Jo Eun and I and the other guys as well... *sigh. How I missed those days. If only these things didn't happened to u--

*scrrreeeeeeecccchhhh!

BLUG!!!

. . . .

. .

". . ."

"아이고, 아이고! 야 학생~ 괜찮아요?! (hey student, are you okay?!)"

"SH*T! he's bleeding crazy!"

. . . .

". . ugh~", I grunted, pain shot right into my upper left waist. My head was in dazed for a moment as it throb. Until some time later, it woke me up.

Seeing the people surrounding me with their faces painted with anxiety and concern, I realized that I still have myself sitting on the ground with a bit of blood splattered around just beside me. Yes, blood. And there were also blood stains on my uniform, which is really.. not so good.

"Hey, kid. You okay? Should we bring you to the hospital?", a middle-aged guy wearing a navy blue suit suddenly patted me on the shoulder. I tried to look up at him but it only caused my head to spin like crazy. Now I felt like vomiting.

"Have you really gotten crazy, Hanzo?! Isn't it obvious? Of course, we should!", the woman wearing a rather expensive scarlet dress, probably this guy's wife, nervously raised her voice as I saw her hands tremble quite a bit.

"ugh~ I.. n-no, Sir. It's okay. I can handle thi—", I tried as hard to sound good as possible but it still didn't worked. Getting up either makes it more obvious that I'm literally not okay.

"*sigh~ let us just take you to the hospital, young man. Please.", he pleaded, which left me no choice.

##################

Author's Note: This now, as you can see, is a very short update of 'The Hired'. My apologies, guys. But please stay tuned to the next chapter (although I might not be able to do that sooner;;). I promise, I will do a more nicer update next time. It's just that these days I got way too busy that even eating.. it's quite becoming an option to me now ㅠㅠㅠ

Like the usual tho, please Vote & Comment! And if you have any suggestions for the next chapters, please feel free to leave me a message whenever. 감사합니다~ Thank you really for all my readers and also to those who kept supporting me :)