Chapter 17

"Oppa~~~ I said I'm fine.", I whined and he just answered me by sheepishly scratching the back of his head. We both reached the mansion safely with Kimja oppa and his 'are-you-sure-you're-okay' question. Well because, he kept asking me that for about several times right after that truck incident a while ago up until now! And to make things more annoying, he has his serious wound on his elbow and it needs to be treated immediately. Aishhh, although I know and I can understand him that he just cares about me, he should also mind caring for himself too, right? But now, goshhh! I'm more like a dying person. (ー ー;)

"Sorry.", he plainly said, stooping his head down as we entered the main door. I just sighed with his actions.

"Jio oppaaa! We're home!", I yelled and there goes the brother I just called coming from the kitchen.

"Oh, what took you so long? Supper's almost ready, you guys-- Aiyoo, what happened to your shirt, you two?!", Jio oppa surprisingly started when he saw us wearing our filthy clothes.

"Uhm, something came up.", he sheepishly smiled. Aish, why lie? (¬_¬)

"Tsk, no. It's because I almost got h-- asdfghjklpvlkjhgksfhpdv...", he instantly cut me by covering my mouth. {(-_-)}

"Uhh, sh-she said she almost fell off the manhole but I caught her. So--", he lied.

"WHAT?! Ha ha, for real?!", exclaimed Jio oppa. Afterwards, he let go of my mouth already. I pouted and gave him the 'look'.

"Ha ha ha! Hyung, 누구야? 누구(who)? Ha ha!", it's Shin oppa from the kitchen rushing towards us.

"없어요~(nothing) Go back to the kitchen. Our Jo Eun's hungry. (Ha ha)", grinned Jio oppa while still trying to contain his laughter and started dragging him to the kitchen. As for me and Kimja though, I pulled him to the second floor towards the mini library so to treat his wound.

---

"There you go! Hmm, but you know, oppa? You'd wear three-fourths so they won't see this.", I finally put the gauze around his elbow so to cover the wound and smiled. Phew~ at least no one among the guys downstairs noticed this. ^^

"Ye.. But please, just please, don't tell them about what happened back there earlier. You know you're not the only one who's gonna get scolded. If Soon hyung hears about this, I don't know, I might get punished. Or worse, perhaps g-get kicked out of the mans--", he tried explaining with his eyes wandering around, not looking at me square in the eye.

"Ain't gonna happen! I won't let anyone do that without my permission, okay? Don't worry, oppa. I'll take extra note of that.", I stated wearing my 'signature' smile. He smiled warmly back at me. (Why of course! I always got signature stuffs, ha ha ^^)

"*Sigh... thank you, Jo Eun-ah. Thanks for.. Everything.", he shyly said as he let out a faint smile again. But this time, it seemed to have lots of emotions behind. My heart raced suddenly with what I heard. I just realized, at least there's still someone like him recognizing my efforts, even though it's just little things like these.

"Anytime.", I plainly replied and began standing up from my sit after finishing his elbow. I was about to turn my back on him when he stopped me by the hand.

"Uh, oppa?", I asked. But in a split second... Something unexpected happened.

. . . . .

. . . .

I felt like the time had stopped that I found myself dumbfoundedly wrapped in his arms. He basically pulled me into a tight hug without any warning, closing the gap between us. For the first five seconds, I was in complete shock and unable to move even a muscle. Until I slowly budge my arms to do the same thing, confusion still written all over my face.