Chapter 74

1 year later...

Another year has passed, *sigh. Time flies so fast and a lot of changes are happening constantly. Just like this June. I heard from Soon hyung that Jio hyung's got a business going on near his parents' house. Not sure what kind of business he's doing though, but hyung said that it's growing big and they were selling a lot, whatever it is they're selling.

Then, Soon hyung on the other hand, he ditched his apartment that I used to stay before since no one's gonna live there anymore. He's got a new job now which is... erm, I'm not really sure what it was since that guy is very secretive, pft. What he told me though is that he's got a new job which pays a lot better than his former job before, and that his boss was 'nice'. Note the double meaning of that word, pft. That guy loves playing with words on us and I just know, he's not just talking about one thing. Ha ha!

*bzzzzz... *bzzzzzzzz... *bzzzzzzzzz... *bzzzzzzz...

"Oh? Who's calli-- ... Shin?!", I'm currently driving right now to pick up two girls from the Marriott hotel which is 3 miles away from my current location. Today's Saturday and I only work every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which explains why I took the job as an Uber driver for the day.

Anyway, why is this guy suddenly calling me? We just met last week, aiyoo. What is it that he wants now?

"What do you want?", I sarcastically asked. As expected, he laughed at my sudden response.

"Hyung, why are you so rude to me? What is it with you?"

"I'm driving and I'm starving at the same time. That's just why.", I sighed, stopping on the red light as it started to lit up in front and above me. Unfortunately, I was only able to grab a banana on the table earlier this morning, and that's all I had the whole day. Aiyoo, I'm not even kidding right now, I've been hearing my stomach growling every minute and my hands are literally starting to shake. Ugh, and it's already what... 4 p.m.? *Sigh. I better hurry and take those two girls to the mall or else, I might end up getting scold at or... I don't know, probably even worse than that.

"Oh. Hyung, can you pick me up in the bus station?", suddenly asked Shin. I creased my brows. Did he really just asked me that? Ha ha.

"야, 뭐라고? (Hey, what did you say?) You know I'm driving for Uber today, right?", I explained between giggles. This kid is just hilarious, gosh. Here I am living frugally and there he is spending his money going out, shopping, and eating in fast foods. Fast food chains aren't even healthy.

"No, you never told me that. Hey, can't you just pick me up? Hyung, it's about to rain.", he demanded.

"Ya, didn't you bring an umbrella with you or something?"

"I did, but it's not mine. It's my coworker's and she forgot it when we had a meeting in Elite", Elite cafe? Hmm. Wait, what coworker? Wha-- he's got a job already then?! I thought he's still an intern. Darn~

"You've got a job already?", I asked as I turned left in the corner of the street. When we met last year, he said he's an intern in a company, he's pursuing business administration so... If he's working now, then that's news.

"Yeah. Haven't I told you about it yet? I got a position this August and I'm working as a physical therapist now in a clinic. I ditched business ad! It's freaking hard, hyung. Aiyoo, if you only know", he complained. Pft, right. I'm not surprised, though. I mean, not that much, ha ha! He's always like this. 'I ditch this, I ditch that', pft. Shin is still Shin no matter what he says he changed. Ha ha ha ha!