Chapter 40

A/N: credits to FesliyanStudios ^^ Please play this song for the first part of Dong Min's POV as well~

*Dong Min's POV*

". . . J-Ja Hoon hyung's l-leaving?", I muttered to myself. I can't believe what I just heard right now. How could they keep all these things from us? Why?

Suddenly, footsteps from inside the kitchen began drawing nearer towards me. I panicked and instantly run quietly inside my room, carefully closing the door that's just enough for them not to hear it squeak.

I scurried right then towards the side of my bed and sat down to the floor next to it. My heart quickened, cold sweat began forming on my forehead and on my back.

'This can't be happening.'

"Agh.", I tried pinching myself to see if I was dreaming or if I'm still half-asleep, but I wasn't, or at least not anymore.

I never planned eavesdropping on their conversation at the first place, by the way! I was abruptly woken up from my sleep earlier and thought about getting something to drink, but I heard the two of them talking that's why I stopped. I never expected them to be there, I really didn't!

*Sigh, Soon hyung doesn't want to see us awake at the middle of the night, and the same goes for Ji Hyun hyung. Both of them nags or scold us whenever they caught us still awake at night times like this. I thought that if they saw me awake that time, they'd just start nagging at me again, so I decided to just come back to the kitchen later to do my thing but that's also the time when I started hearing one of them talking about Jo Eun and Kimja.

I... I heard everything. Everything that I don't even know if I'm supposed to know and hear or not. And Kimja-ssi...

"He's leaving b-because of Shin... because they both like Jo Eun. Does that mean... argh, *sigh~!", I shook my head and sighed heavily, my heart quickened even more. Until all of a sudden, the thoughts about the things I've heard from them began rumbling inside my head.

"This can't be the truth.", I muttered nervously as I tried processing it all in my mind.

"Kimja hyung.. likes Jo Eun. Also Shin Young... um, s-so they both like Jo Eun then? Aigoo, I thought it was just a crazy joke? *Sigh, what the hell. And they're saying that that was the reason Kimja and Shin fought back then? And... that's the reason why he's planning on leaving the mansion too.", I creased my brows as I tried gesturing on the air with my finger to make an imaginary map of the situation.

"Uh... but, what about the hospital though? ..Agh, I knew I heard Jio hyung talking about that. *Sigh~! What was that again?", I irritatingly muttered to myself when out of the blue, footsteps started occurring from outside my room.

"Sh*t.", I mumbled, glancing quickly at my door. It must be Jio hyung or Soon hyung again. I can't let them see me sitting in here or else I'll get smoked by these two and they might even get suspicious about me as well. *Sigh, who knows what could happen if they caught me awake this late.