Chapter 70

"Umm...", he swallowed, hard. His eyes were looking and watching at the scene around us, while his hands resting on his lap were slightly fidgeting. For the record, this isn't the only time I'm seeing him act like this. I could see through his eyes that there's something he wanted to tell me but something's holding him back.

"Uh... Shin Young-ah, are you alright?"

"I, y-yeah, hyung. I'm fine.", he quietly stated and pinched his lips.

"Well, is there something you wan—", I began.

-------------

*Shin Young's POV*

I know this isn't the right time to ask him this question suddenly, but...

"Hyung.", upon hearing him speak, I immediately cut him off. This isn't supposed to be how the atmosphere should be looking like between us. I told myself earlier not to make him worry like this before we even met but now, *sigh.

Things have drastically changed since the day he left. I thought it'd be alright and things would turn out well for each of us that this guy left behind but as it turns out, it didn't. The mansion, the people in SICA, Dong Min and the others, Jo Eun and I, and even her dad. I don't even know where to start with him right now. I don't know how I should tell him.

"Um... so, how was your uh, work.", with hesitation in my head, I started to begin the conversation with a forced laugh in my face. But instead of giving me the response I was expecting from him, he looked startled. He wasn't expecting that question, I knew it. Tsk.

"Errrr, it's... it's going well so far.", he said with a questioning tone in his voice. Or should I say unconvincing? *Sigh... right, Shin.

"You know, like I told you earlier, I rented a new apartment nearby andsdfghjk...", while he's talking and explaining things to me, my mind started wandering off again. I really wanted to ask him about it, I badly wanted to know what he'd do but... I kind of don't as well.

In part, I'm curious about what he's going to say and what his reaction will be like, but I also am anxious about seeing and hearing him react into that thing. Although it's already been a while, these memories that I've had are still fresh in my mind. I don't want to open the wounds that are in the process of healing anymore but at the same time, if I don't do so, I won't be able to free myself from being trapped inside a box filled with thorns.

And... so, I did.

. . .