7: The Siren's Song

Stiles POV

The next day, I wake up early. I make sure that I am ready for school in plenty of time. I don't really want to be yelled at for being late again. I run down to my jeep and jump in quickly. Luckily, it didn't look like it was going to rain today. I drive to school and park close to the entrance. That's weird. There's barely anyone outside. Out of sheer curiosity, I jump out of my jeep and enter the main building. There's a huge crowd near the flight of stairs. What is going on here? I make my way through the crowd to get a better look. On top of the stairs, there are three new girls that I have never seen before. The three girls were tall and had long, luscious hair. One girl has brown hair while the other two have blonde. They look down at all the students graciously. "Thank you all for being so welcoming." The girl in the middle smiles gratefully. I look around at the crowd of students. They are all looking at the girls in awe. I turn my attention back to the new students. Something feels really wrong here, but I don't know what. "We'll see you around." One of the girls with blonde hair says before the three of them turn around and walk away. I shake my head a little as I try to find my friends. Eventually, I find them by the lockers.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you guys!" I exclaim as I rush up to them. Scott turns to me with a goofy grin. "Weren't they beautiful?" He sighs. Uh, doesn't he have a girlfriend? A girlfriend that's standing right behind him? My eyes widen a little at Scott's statement. "What about Kira?" I whisper in his ear. Scott continues to smile with a dreamy expression. "I think everyone can agree that nothing can match the beauty of Erin, Amber and Maria." Scott tells me. The rest of my friends, including Kira, nod eagerly in agreement. I take a small step backwards. What the hell is going on here? "When did you start developing these... Feelings?" I ask the group.

"When they came into the school this morning. They sung to us." Liam answers. That's it, I've had enough of this. I click my fingers multiple times in everyone's faces. They all blink rapidly in surprise. "Snap out of it!" I hiss.

"Snap out of what?" Lydia asks in confusion.

"Your obsession with the new kids." I roll my eyes, the others all exchange a look.

"What new kids?" Isaac asks me curiously. My heart rate increases, but I'm not sure why.

"The three girls? The ones you were just goggling about?" I try to jog their memories. They just meet me with blank stares. "I don't remember seeing any new girls, let alone goggle over them." Scott says, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Come to think of it, I don't really remember much after coming through the school entrance." Malia adds. I don't like this one bit. Something bad is going on, I know it. I also know that the three girls are at the bottom of it. I've forgotten what Scott had said their names were. Erica, Amy and Mary perhaps? I don't care. I suddenly realize that an awkward silence has formed between the group. I cough nervously. "Let's just get to class." I suggest.

"Good idea." Kira nods, taking off towards her first class. The pack splits up, heading to different classes. Luckily, I have English with Scott. We walk into class and take our seats as we await for the teacher to arrive. People are whispering all around Scott and I. Most of their conversations are about the new girls, Erin, Amber and Maria. I wasn't too far off with guessing their names. I roll my eyes and grasp the pen in my hand tightly. I flip open to a blank page, ready to scribble down notes. Eventually, the teacher walks into the room and we get started.

~~~

By lunchtime, I desperately feel like going home. I almost fell asleep in history. Coach yelled at me multiple times in economics. I barely passed the math test. I'm just done with school right now. I collapse into one of the cafeteria seats, lying my head down on the table. I don't really care about having something to eat. Moments later, Scott, Kira, Malia, Lydia, Isaac and Liam join me at the table. They chat away happily about something. I'm not really paying attention. My eyes flutter shut as I start to fall asleep on the table. A little while later, Scott shakes me awake. I open my eyes and look up at my best friend. "Come on. Class is about to start." He says as he helps me to my feet. I groan unhappily but I stand up anyway. Scott, Lydia, Malia, Isaac, Kira and I walk towards our home room. Liam walks away in the opposite direction. When we get to home room, we find our teacher already there. "Make your way to the gym, there's an assembly." He tells us. I nod and start walking to the gym, my friends following close behind me.