51: Uncertainty

Stiles POV

Lydia, Kira and I look around in surprise. "Woah. I wish I could do that," I mutter. Kira grabs my hand and starts pulling me away from the table, Lydia quickly following us. "Come on, we should get the others out of here." Kira suggests. "Yeah, that's a good idea. I don't think I'm in the mood for a party now anyway..." I reply. We race back outside to the others. Thankfully, Scott and Samantha aren't making out anymore, but my heart still plummets a little as I see Samantha hugging onto Scott's side, his arm wrapped around her waist also. Scott frowns when he sees us. "Where did you go?" He asks.

"We just needed to check something out." I reply casually.

"What did you check out?" Kara asks curiously.

"The cause of the... Hallucinations." I answer carefully.

"And? What did you find out?" Liam asks. I hesitate, unsure whether I should tell them about the sorceresses.

"Someone spiked the drinks with something, we don't know what." I lie as smoothly as I can. Everyone seems to buy it. I don't want people to unnecessarily worry about things, especially since the sorceress that was serving the drinks probably won't ever run into us again. "Well, that's comforting." Samantha comments sarcastically.

"At least we are all okay now," I point out, my gaze drifting over to Scott, still worried about him.

"Right?" I raise my eyebrows at my best friend.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine." Scott replies. Even though he seems a little bit better off than he did before, I can't help but feel that he is still acting a little distant. I wish I knew why. Maybe I could help him? "Okay," I shrug in response.

"We should probably get out of here though. It's getting kind of late and I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm all partied out for a while." I add. Everyone else nods in agreement. We walk back inside and enter the crowd. I try to gently slip past them, but sometimes I do eventually have to push them out of the way. The place is so packed with people. I can see cups rolling around on the floor as well as accessories and articles of clothing, which is a little concerning, but I decide not to dwell on it. I also see streamers and confetti littering the floor. Danny really wanted to go all out with this party. If Derek comes back and this place hasn't been cleaned up, I think that the whole of Beacon Hills will be in trouble. Finally, we make it to the door. Our group rush down the stairs and into the open air outside. I breathe a sigh of relief. As much as the start of the party was fun, I'm glad that it's over. "Well, I'm sorry if this didn't turn out the way we would have hoped." Lydia apologizes.

"Don't be sorry. Until we saw one of our worst nightmares, it was actually really fun." Malia grins.

"Yeah. It was a good way to relax and get away from all the drama in our lives." Isaac adds. I smile as I watch Kara hold onto Isaac's hand and lean her head on his shoulder. They are a cute couple and I am happy for them. "So, Kara, are you coming back with me, or have you got other plans?" I ask the mermaid with a slightly mischievous expression. Kara blushes at my comment and Isaac avoids my gaze and clears his throat uncomfortably. "Yeah, I think I have plans with Isaac, I hope that's okay." Kara replies, her voice filled with embarrassment. She buries her head into Isaac's shirt. I can't help but chuckle. I exchange a look with the others. I think we can all agree that Isaac and Kara are totally meant for each other. Even Samantha looks like she agrees. "Yeah, it's fine, I just wanted to check." I assure her. Suddenly, Liam groans. "Great, we still have school tomorrow." He rolls his eyes.