59: Betrayed and Heartbroken

Stiles POV

I walk down the school hallway alone. This is not unusual for me now. It's been almost two weeks since Scott caught Samantha and I kissing at her house. Scott has done a very good job at avoiding me. Our friends are concerned, but I tell them that it's fine and that they don't need to worry about it. I'm sure Scott says the same thing. Suddenly, Danny rushes up behind me. "Hey Stiles. What's up?" He asks in a cheerful voice. I shrug.

"Not much, just heading home, I guess." I reply. Danny frowns and bites his lip.

"What's wrong?" He asks worriedly.

"Nothing." I reply with a smile. Danny sighs as we continue to walk down the hall.

"Look, I haven't seen you around for a few days. I've been worried about you. Also, I've noticed that you and Scott aren't talking. Actually, I haven't seen you guys in the same room for almost two weeks. What happened?" Danny asks me curiously. I groan as I turn to Danny, looking exasperated. "I don't really want to talk about it, okay? I'm fine, Scott's fine. That's all that matters." I tell the human as we near the front entrance of the school.

"If you don't want to tell me what happened, that's fine. However, I want to tell you something." Danny replies. I open up the doors to the entrance of the school and walk out. I pause by the steps, waiting for Danny. "What is it?" I ask tiredly.

"Whatever is bothering you, I don't think you should let it bottle up inside. That won't end well at all. If you need answers, go find them. If you need support, I'm right here for you, as are the rest of your friends." Danny tells me. I look at my friend in silence for a few moments. Suddenly, I smile. "You're right, Danny. I do need to find some answers. Thanks for the help." I pat him on the back before I walk down the stairs again.

"Tell me how it goes, yeah?" Danny asks hopefully.

"Sure. I'll see you this weekend or something." I reply before I walk back to my jeep. I might not be able to talk to Scott right now, but I should be able to talk to Samantha. I'm almost 100% sure that she set me up the other day, but I want to know why. I feel like I have a right to know why she tried to ruin my friendship with Scott, especially after that emotional conversation we had. I thought we were getting somewhere, but I guess not. I jump into the jeep and grab my phone.

Stiles: Meet me in the woods. Alone.

Samantha: You're not going to kiss me again are you?

Stiles: Shut up and stop lying for once in your life! Just meet me in the woods in 10 minutes. I need to talk to you.

Samantha: Fine. I'll meet you by the lake.

I place my phone on the passenger seat. I glance down at my locket hanging around my neck. I run my fingers over the cool and smooth surface for a moment, hoping for some extra support and strength. I sigh as I put the keys into ignition, start the car and drive towards the woods. I park near the preserve sign. I get out of the jeep and look around me. For some reason, the woods have an eerie feeling about them today. I suddenly wonder why I'm bothering with seeing Samantha in the first place, considering I hate her guts and I know that she set me up. On the other hand, I feel like I need to know why she set me up like that. I sigh as I walk forwards, knowing that I will end up regretting this.

I walk through the woods, listening to the leaves crunch beneath my feet. It really is quite peaceful out here. I eventually walk into the clearing, revealing the huge lake in front of me. I make my way to the jetty, waiting for Samantha to turn up. I stare out at the water and smile. I'd love to go for a swim, but unfortunately I have to deal with Samantha first. I kneel down and watch as little fish swim near the surface of the water. It's as if they're trying to egg me to jump in. I chuckle and shake my head as I stand back up. After a few more minutes, I hear someone's footsteps coming closer. As the person walks past the last few trees and bushes, I can see that it is Samantha. She walks up to me, a smirk plastered on her face. I walk off the jetty to meet her halfway. "What do you want to talk about?" Samantha asks me innocently.