74: Success

Stiles POV

I breathe heavily and loudly as I lower my trident, still unable to believe that I have won. I swim down to Vanessa's frozen body, wondering what to do with her. After a moment of thinking, I have a plan. I just hope it works. I grab her frozen hand. I wave the trident over us, thinking about the place I want to go. Within a second, we vanish from the courtyard and appear right outside a dark and mysterious cave. I smile in satisfaction. I guess I'm getting the hang of this trident. It isn't so hard to use after all. I let go of Vanessa's hand. I reach my free hand out in front of me and manipulate the ocean currents to carry the sea witch into the cave. Once she's in there, I use my trident to freeze the complete inside of the cave. I watch as the last part turns to ice. I nod in satisfaction. Now there will be no way for Vanessa to escape. I raise the trident above me again and think hard about courtyard of the palace. Within only a couple of seconds and a bright flash, I'm back to where I was only a few moments ago.

I glance around the courtyard between the stone statues and Vanessa's now terrified monsters. My eyes then land on my dad's trident. I swim over to it and pick it up with my free hand. I gaze at it for a few seconds, contemplating what to do. After a few moments, an idea comes to me. I just hope it works. I decide to trust my instincts and swim upwards, lifting my trident above me. My dad's trident rests in my other hand. I focus my energy onto my trident. I watch in amazement as a burst of white light surges out and spreads across the whole kingdom.

Third Person POV

As Stiles focuses on the trident and lifting the spells that have been placed on the kingdom, he doesn't realize that everyone in the courtyard below him as well as the rest of the palace that were turned to stone slowly start to be set free. Scott's stone body slowly but surely returns to normal. As he begins to breathe, blink, move and the color returns to him, he gasps in shock and shivers as the coldness slowly drains out of him. Scott blinks rapidly and looks around him in surprise. He can see all the statues coming to life again. Everyone looks just as dazed as him.

Scott groans in pain as he realizes that he has a major headache and barely remembers what happened. He puts a hand to his head as he looks around the courtyard. He spots his friends as well as Max, Crystal, Ben and Selena helping Stiles' father up while Scott also listens to the confused chatter of merpeople around him. Scott frowns worriedly, wondering where Stiles could be. Suddenly he hears someone nearby gasp and point somewhere upwards. Out of curiosity, Scott looks upwards, just as everyone else does.

They all look up to see Stiles with both tridents, saving Atlantia by freeing the kingdom from Vanessa's awful spells and enchantments. The bright light continues to explode out of Stiles' trident. Scott smiles widely at his boyfriend. He knew that Stiles would be able save Atlantia. Once Stiles is satisfied with his work, he lowers his trident, the light fading away. He then turns to the remainder of Vanessa's army, who tremble with fear and start backing into a corner of the courtyard. "If you value your lives, leave the kingdom, don't cause any more trouble and never come back to Atlantia again!" Stiles shouts forcefully, his voice echoing powerfully around the courtyard.

Stiles POV

I can't help but chuckle at how quickly the creatures scatter. It's quite surprising how fast they scrambled to get out of here, actually. Once the creatures leave, cheers erupt from below me, making me jump slightly. I look down and smile in relief to see that everyone who had been turned into statues are all alive and well again. I swim closer to the ocean floor, wanting to find my friends and my father. Everyone smiles and continues to cheer for me, which makes me blush slightly. Suddenly, someone grabs me from behind and hugs me. Their legs wrap around my stomach, so now it's like I'm giving them a piggy back ride, only in the water. Their head nuzzles into my neck. I can't help but laugh and turn around so I can face the person.