45: An Important Heart to Heart

Stiles POV

I lie on my bed and stare up at the roof, feeling numb. I think I've lost my appetite. I try not to think about what happened in the animal clinic. I try not to think about how Scott's voice sounded a little accusing as I left the place. I also try not to think about that I kissed somebody else's boyfriend. I groan and run a hand over my face, feeling stressed. Suddenly, my phone rings. I jump in surprise. I quickly pull it out of my pocket and check who the caller is. It's Kira. I answer the phone and put it up to my ear. "Hi Kira," I say cheerfully.

"Stiles, I'm so sorry for what Samantha did back there. We all are." Kira apologizes.

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine." I shrug.

"Don't lie, Stiles. I know that it upset you. Why did you let her get away with it? Why didn't you say anything to Scott?" Kira asks. "Because it doesn't matter. Besides, Scott wouldn't have believed me. I don't want to fight with him again." I sigh. "He would have believed you! We all would have backed you up! Samantha would have been on her own!" Kira exclaims incredulously. I shake my head slightly and close my eyes. "Thank you for your concern, but it's probably better this way. Scott would prefer to think his girlfriend saved him rather than his best friend any day. I don't want to ruin their relationship." I explain to Kira.

"Okay, that makes a bit more sense, but I hate seeing you hurt like this." Kira sighs.

"I told you I'm fine. I'm just happy to be back. I'm happy that Scott's okay. That's all that matters right now." I assure the worried kitsune. There is silence for a moment. "Okay... I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." Kira gives in. I quickly check the time. It's 9:30pm. I left the animal clinic exactly four hours ago. "Damn, I forgot about school." I groan in dismay. Kira chuckles. "I'm sure the teachers will be curious as to where you have been. I hope you can come up with a clever excuse." She remarks.

"Goodnight Kira." I say, knowing that I should get some sleep.

"Goodnight Stiles." Kira replies before hanging up the phone. I place my phone down on my bedside table. I decide I should get into my pajamas. I change into light blue pants. I throw off my shirt, preparing to pull on a loose black tank top. Suddenly, I hear knocking on my window. I shout in surprise. I turn around, tank top in hand. To my relief, I see that it is only Scott. I hurry over and open the window. Suddenly, I feel self conscious. I try to hide my burning blush as Scott crawls through my bedroom window. I notice him holding some sort of bag. "Hey Stiles." Scott greets me with a small smile. He turns on the lamp beside my bed.

"H-hi, Scott." I reply hurriedly as I quickly shrug on the tank top. Scott smirks and places the bag down on my bed. "Why are you so embarrassed?" Scott asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Well, why do you think?" I reply, trying to control my heart rate.

"It's not the first time I've seen you shirtless," Scott points out.

"Yeah, but it's never been because of a situation like this, so yeah, it is embarrassing." I tell him.

"Well, I don't think you should feel embarrassed or ashamed about it, I think you look good." Scott mumbles quietly, probably not thinking I heard him, but I did. I am not sure what to make of that statement, considering the mood I am in. He looks at me slightly wistfully for a second. This makes me more confused. I fold my arms over my chest. "So, uh, what brings you here?" I ask, glad to change the subject for both of our sakes. Scott snaps out of whatever mood he was in and looks at me seriously and with guilt. He takes a step closer. "I wanted to come over and apologize. I shouldn't have reacted that way. I'm sorry if I hurt you. Again." Scott says with sincerity. I stare at him for a moment. I sigh and turn around, walking to the other side of the room. I shake my head slightly. "You seem to be apologizing for the same thing a lot. You keep making the same type of mistake. Maybe one day, you'll go too far and break my trust completely." I point out sadly. I stare at the wall in front of me.