9: New Threats, Nostalgia and Surprises

Stiles POV

I guess I must've fallen asleep at some point because I open my eyes to find myself in a dark room with a movie still playing. Dirty paper plates are scattered across the small wooden table in front of the sofa. Thankfully, my leg pains have completely vanished. I quickly pull out my phone to check the time. 1:12am. Wow, it got late fast. I stuff the phone back into my pocket and look over at Scott. He's lying back on the couch and looks very concentrated on the movie. I smirk. I knew he'd like it. I glance at the screen to see what movie Scott was watching. "Oh my god, you're already half way through the third one? Damn!" I comment, making Scott jump in surprise.

"I didn't know you were awake." Scott mutters, breathing out heavily. I chuckle.

"Well, now you know." I reply cheerfully.

"Dude, you fell asleep only about a quarter of the way through the second one. You must've been tired, since this is your favorite movie series and all." Scott remarks.

"Yeah. I must've been tired." I shrug.

"I see that you've gotten into it." I smirk, nudging my best friend's shoulder. He looks a little embarrassed.

"Yeah, I admit it, I have. I should've watched it a long time ago." Scott replies.

"Ha!" I shout smugly.

"Shh!" Scott hisses, gesturing to the TV. I laugh quietly, barely able to believe what is actually happening right now. Once I have stopped laughing, I let Scott watch the rest of the Star Wars movie in peace. Once the movie is finished, I turn off the TV. I shift my weight so I'm facing Scott. "Thank you for tonight. I really appreciate it." I tell him. Despite the darkness, I can tell Scott smiles a little. "No problem Stiles. It's been really fun hanging out with you." He replies. Scott then yawns sleepily. "What's the time?" He asks me. I take out my phone and look at the time.

"2:46am." I answer. Scott groans.

"And we've got school today. I'm sorry that I kept you so late." He apologizes.

"Dude, it's fine. I've gotten more sleep than you, so that comforts me a little." I reply. Scott chuckles.

"I'll drive you home." He offers.

"You don't have to do that." I protest.

"No. I insist." Scott says with an air of finality. I sigh as I get off the sofa. Scott seems to usually get his way. Together, we sneak out of the house and over to my jeep. "I can drive this time." I state. I quickly jump into the driver's seat before Scott can object. He then climbs into the passenger seat. Once the doors are closed and we have our seat belts on, I start the engine. I drive back to my house. As we drive, I watch the scenery around me. I love Beacon Hills at night, especially from the Beacon Hills Preserve. You can see the tiny, bright dots of lights scattered across town. Then you look up and see stars spread across the night sky. It really is quite a sight. One of my favourite sights on land, if I do say so myself. It's almost magical. I keep my focus on the road. I don't really like driving late at night. Some drunk idiot could easily crash into you out of nowhere. Or perhaps you can't see clearly where you're going and end up crashing into a tree or something. Eventually, we arrive at my place. "Thank you for this evening. You seriously don't know how much I appreciate it." I thank Scott as I turn to face him when I cut the engine off. Even in the dim light from the street lamp a few yards away, I can tell that Scott is smiling. "It was no problem, Stiles. Tonight was fun. Well, except for the part where you were in pain. Other than that, it was a really enjoyable evening." Scott replies.

"You know I like hanging out with you." He adds, nudging my arm. I chuckle.

"Well, I'll see you later today then. Good luck getting up for school." I say as I climb out of the car.