70: Journey to Atlantia

Stiles POV

Kara and I rush into the animal clinic. We hurry into a back room to see the pack already there, waiting for us. Kara runs over to Isaac while Scott runs over to me and pulls me into a tight hug, his head nuzzling into my neck. I stand there surprised for a second before I quickly melt into the hug, wrapping my arms around Scott and smile. After a few more seconds he pulls away. I can see the relief clear on his face. Scott grabs my hands and holds them. It doesn't seem like he wants to let go anytime soon. "For a moment, I was scared that you were going to ignore me and still head to Atlantia on your own without a plan anyway." Scott comments with a relieved smile. I grin reassuringly back at him.

"I just love you too much to do that to you." I laugh. I then glance around at everyone else.

"I love all of you guys. I didn't mean to scare or worry you, but I also don't want you getting hurt or killed because of me." I admit truthfully.

"I'm sure Scott already told you this, but we are more than happy to fight along side you, Stiles. We are a pack. We are family. We don't leave anyone behind." Lydia states firmly. I feel tears prickle in my eyes, but I hold them back. Now is not the time to cry. I let go of one of Scott's hands and turn around a little so that I can be facing everyone. "I should have known you were up to something." Kara laughs.

"Why is that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You were acting so suspicious earlier. I just knew that something wasn't right, but I didn't know what." Kara shrugs.

"Anyway, back to the main topic. How are we going to stop Vanessa and her army?" Derek asks, turning to Deaton, as does everyone. "What happened to the reinforcements?" I add curiously.

"Well, it'd be almost completely impossible to swim in there by yourselves and expect to defeat an entire army as well as Vanessa, so you can't really fight on your own. Also, I... Haven't heard back from anyone, so I don't think it's going too well." Deaton answers.

"Oh." I comment sadly. Vanessa must have captured them too. I feel Scott squeeze my hand comfortingly. I look over and smile at him gratefully. Suddenly, I have a small idea. "Deaton... My dad said there were merpeople hiding in the underwater tunnels around the city." I begin, looking to Deaton hopefully.

"Go on." Deaton nods. Everyone else looks at me with curiosity.

"Well, there could even be some of the reinforcements down there too. They could have gone down there to hide from Vanessa's army and avoid capture when they realized that they were in a losing battle. Anyway, what I'm saying is that there are a lot of merpeople down there. Maybe even some weapons. I'm sure the merfolk would be more than happy to help us defend the kingdom and win it back." I say.

"So we wouldn't have to fight alone. We would have our own army." Malia comments in realization with a smile forming on her face. "Not all of them would be fighters, but I'm sure most of them would want to help in some way or another." I inform the werecoyote. "Could that work?" Scott asks Deaton hopefully. We all look to the veterinarian, waiting for an answer. He considers it for a moment. "Yes, I think it could work. However, the merpeople would need a leader to guide them and inspire them. They won't want to fight if they are afraid and think there is no chance of winning." Deaton finally answers. Everyone looks over at me. I blink in confusion. "What?" I ask.

"You're that leader, Stiles." Scott tells me.

"Sorry, but I'm no leader." I laugh.

"Yes you are, Stiles. You're a prince. This is your kingdom, your people. You want your father and the rest of Atlantia back more than anything. You're smart, brave, courageous and heroic. You're powerful. You know what it's like to lose everything. These things will make you a great leader. Merfolk will look up to you and follow your lead. I know I will." Kara tells me with a determined spark in her eyes. "I'll follow you as well. I always will." Scott smiles brightly at me.