63: First Date - Part One

Stiles POV

I wake up early the next day. I quickly get out of bed and ready for school. I'm really looking forward to tonight, but I have no idea what to expect. As I make my way down the stairs, I pass Kara. She seems to notice my happy mood. "What's got you so cheerful?" Kara laughs as we go down into the kitchen together.

"I'm going on a date with Scott tonight." I reply as I pull out two bowls from the cupboard.

"That's awesome! Where are you going?" Kara asks excitedly.

"I don't know, all Scott said to me was that he'll pick me up at 4pm and that I need to bring a towel." I tell the mermaid.

"Wait, but Scott doesn't have a car." Kara points out.

"I know. Maybe he's taking his mom's car or he's using his motorbike. I've never been on that motorbike before." I shrug.

"I guess you'll find out tonight." Kara tells me as I continue to get our breakfast ready.

"So, how are you and Isaac going anyway?" I ask Kara curiously as we walk towards the dining table with our bowls of cereal. "Good. Really good." Kara smiles as we sit down.

"Am I going to get any more details?" I laugh before I take a bite of my cereal.

"Well, what do you want to know?" Kara asks with a small blush.

"Hmm..." I say as I try to think. I don't want to ask anything too personal that will make Kara feel embarrassed.

"Do you love him?" I eventually ask. There are a couple moments of silence.

"Yes, yes I do love him." Kara answers with a smile. I can't help but smile back.

"Have you told him that?" I ask as I take another bite of my breakfast.

"Yes..." Kara mumbles with a small smile.

"And? What did he say?" I ask excitedly.

"He said that he loves me too." Kara's small smile turns into a huge grin.

"Kira is a great match maker!" I laugh happily before I eat some more of my cereal.

"Yeah, you're only saying that because of you and Scott." Kara snickers. I almost choke on the cornflakes. I look over to Kara with wide eyes. "What? No I'm not!" I protest. Kara raises an eyebrow.

"It's true! I'm saying it because Kira saw that there was chemistry between you and Isaac! Now look where you are!" I point out wildly. Kara chuckles and shakes her head as she continues to eat her breakfast. I sigh as I look back down at my bowl. "So, do you have any idea when you are going back to your family?" I say as I look up. Kara's face falls slightly.

"I really don't know... I don't want to leave Isaac." Kara bites her lip.

"You wouldn't have to leave Isaac forever." I point out.

"Yeah, but I live so far away from here." Kara replies sadly.

"Find another way to stay in contact when you're unable to see him." I tell her.

"How?" Kara asks me with sadness in her eyes.

"Um... I don't know... Maybe you'll just have to go on land and find a phone." I suggest, even though I know it's not the most practical idea. Kara sighs. "That's the only plan I've got. I was afraid of getting too close to anyone here because I knew this would happen." Kara groans.

"Hey, you can't help how you feel. You can't deny your feelings forever either, believe me." I try to comfort the Australian mermaid.

"I don't know what to do, Stiles. I want to see my family, of course I do, but I love Isaac too much to leave him behind." Kara sighs with sadness and frustration.