49: Danny's Party

A/N: So some of you may have seen this chapter already because I accidentally posted it before Chapter 48... Whoops, sorry. I seem to post the wrong chapters a lot. Anyway I hope this chapter will make more sense now. Sorry for confusing you guys XD

~~~

Scott POV

The rest of the day passes by without any trouble. I feel so much better than I did last night and this morning. I honestly had know idea what I was going to do. I felt so horrible; I felt like a monster. Stiles calmed me down and helped me see reason. He also somehow managed to forgive me. I don't know how, but he did. I know that in the back of my mind, I don't think I will ever forgive myself for the awful things I have said to my best friend, and not just from yesterday either. I just have to live with it. That's my punishment; to live with the guilt of my past. But if Stiles will always be here for me, I think I can handle it. I smile to myself. I don't deserve a best friend like him, but somehow, Stiles hasn't left my side, even after all these years. I know that I need to become a better friend to him. I will learn from my mistakes. I won't let them happen again. I won't allow myself to have an awful outburst like the one from yesterday. I walk out of my last lesson and towards my locker. Samantha walks up to me excitedly. I smile at her. "Hey, Sammy." I greet my girlfriend. I take a moment to admire her beauty. "Hi, Scotty." She grins. My eyebrows crease a slightest fraction. Only one person has called me that before: Stiles. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with Samantha calling me that. Samantha frowns.

"What's wrong, baby?" She asks as she grabs my hand and rubs it soothingly. My heart jumps at the word 'baby'. I shake my head and smile reassuringly. "Nothing, it's fine." I tell Samantha, but she doesn't back down. She knows that something bothered me.

"Was it something I said?" Samantha asks worriedly. I sigh in defeat.

"Well, please don't take this personally, but I'm not sure if I want you to call me Scotty." I admit, afraid of what Samantha might think. She frowns in confusion. "Why not? Don't you like the nickname? I think it's quite cute." Samantha tilts her head slightly in curiosity.

"No, it's not that, it's just... Only Stiles calls me that. It's kind of weird if someone else, including you, starts calling me that as well, even though you are my girlfriend. I really am sorry, but I'm sure you can come up with another great nickname." I smile, hoping that she understands. I see Samantha's face fall slightly, but she tries to hide her disappointment and annoyance. Wait, why is she annoyed? "Are you okay?" I ask as I take both of her hands and squeeze them gently. Samantha smiles and squeezes my hands back. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just thought that the nickname was cute. I didn't know that Stiles had a special reservation for nicknames over everyone else." Samantha answers honestly. I frown at Samantha's comment. "Why would you say something like that?" I ask, feeling the slightest flicker of annoyance.

"I'm sorry Scott, it's just... I don't know, sometimes you can be thinking about other people too much, especially Stiles it seems. When I'm with you, it'd be nice if all of your focus was on me. I'm sorry for being a little bit jealous sometimes." Samantha sighs and looks down in shame. My annoyance disappears and my frown leaves my face. "Sammy, you don't have to be jealous. You know that I love you and care about you, but I think I am allowed to talk and have special connections with my friends as well. It won't change my feelings for you, I promise." I tell my girlfriend. She looks at me with hopeful eyes. "Really?" She asks.

"Really."

"You love me?" Samantha asks with a smile.